Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Ideas on how to decorate cheesecakes...

Dalia

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 3:29 am
Hi,
I'm making simple 9 inch cheesecakes, and wanted ideas on how to decorate them. I'll be doing one with cherry pie filling, and am wondering what else to do. Which chocolate make the best chocolate curls? (cholov yisroel only). Is it Rosemarie? which type? Also, will pomegranate seeds look pretty? Can they go directly on the cheesecake, or do they need a topping in order to stick? Thanks!

Dalia

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 4:34 am
bump

Dalia

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 5:54 am
bump

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 5:57 am
I have a really simple one that looks pretty. You can buy a thick caramel icing and smooth over the top, then take a thick, viscous chocolate syrup with a spout and, starting from the center, begin a small spiral, getting bigger and bigger as u go around the cake. When the cake spiral is done, take a toothpick and, beginning from center, drag it through the chocolate syrup towards the edge of the top. Do this all around at one inch intervals.
I've also seen people do this with circles. Making a small circle with syrup in center and just carefully adding bigger ones around it. I like spirals Cuz u don't have to stop the syrup from flowing. Aim for a thinner rather than thicker flow. Good luck!

Pink Flamingo

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 12:30 pm
Pomegranate seeds look really pretty! I’m making a cheesecake for shabbos and I’m going to make a pomegranate sauce and then sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
Or you can take caramel and spread it over the cheesecake, then put pecans around the perimeter and make a pecan flower in the middle.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 12:34 pm
You could buy choclate leaves and put it around starting from the outside. Then go to the next layer and so on. It looks beautiful like a flower.

Hatemywig

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 7:07 pm
Break up a bar of good quality chocolate into bits, place in a ziploc. Place ziploc in Bowl or cup with boiling hot water, replenish hot water supply as needed until all the chocolate is melted.

Snip of a corner of the ziploc, carefully squeeze in lines over the cheesecake or any type of decoration you want. I did lattice looking chocolate decorations.

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 7:42 pm
Dalia wrote:
Hi,
I'm making simple 9 inch cheesecakes, and wanted ideas on how to decorate them. I'll be doing one with cherry pie filling, and am wondering what else to do. Which chocolate make the best chocolate curls? (cholov yisroel only). Is it Rosemarie? which type? Also, will pomegranate seeds look pretty? Can they go directly on the cheesecake, or do they need a topping in order to stick? Thanks!

I think any Rosemarie chocolate curls nicely. Good luck

OutATowner

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 7:53 pm
Nicest thing I've seen- use milk chocolate and white chocolate klick- the round balls, and make a circle of chocolate, white, chocolate, white, etc until the whole thing is covered (like a target). Easy, pretty, and delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins