Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Child psychologist in jerusalem?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:39 pm
Can anyone recommend an excellent child psychologist in jerusalem?

it's for my 4 year old son who is having some behavioral issues.

18vekayam

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 2:01 pm
I recommend Minki Wolodarsky. She's a therapist, not a psychologist, but she works with young children and is very helpful and intuitive. 054-845-5420 hatzlacha!

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 2:32 pm
not trying to scare you but please talk to him and make sure he wasn't molested..

shevi82

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 3:29 pm
You can contact the Neve Family institute. They will be able to recommend someone
972-2-65-44-600
(Sunday to Thursday, 9:00 - 14:00)

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 4:36 pm
Taatzumot
It's a child development center. They have all kinds of therapies like speech therapy, OT, and emotional therapy including play therapy, art therapy, etc. Most kupot cholim will reimburse most of the expense, 75% or something like that. It's not far from tzomet Bar Ilan/Shmuel HaNavi.

November

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 4:45 pm
Tel Tzion Ima wrote:
Taatzumot
It's a child development center. They have all kinds of therapies like speech therapy, OT, and emotional therapy including play therapy, art therapy, etc. Most kupot cholim will reimburse most of the expense, 75% or something like that. It's not far from tzomet Bar Ilan/Shmuel HaNavi.

Do they employ English speaking therapists?

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 4:47 pm
I see I forgot to mention, they offer their services in Hebrew, English, and Yiddish. So yes, they have English speaking staff.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 4:52 pm
Another option is to go through the kupot cholim. I have Meuhedet, and can't speak for any other kupot, but Meuhedet has a child development center with psychologists and social workers. They have parenting classes also, but personally, I would recommend Rebbetzin Sima Spetner's chinuch bonim if you want hadrachat chorim.

There is a lot more paperwork with Meuhedet, but your child will also get a more comprehensive eval than just going to a psychologist.

Taatzumot will also be comprehensive, probably have a shorter waiting list, but then you have to pay upfront and wait for a refund from the kupat cholim.

If your kid is in cheder already, see if there is a school psychologist. My kid's schools have psychologists or yoetzet or someone.

Shuly

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 2:56 am
Dr. Tzipporah Sklar is a neurodevelopmental pediatrician and can do a very comprehensive evaluation - 02-623-2904

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 9:21 am
I would rather go with a recommendation of a specific therapist that people have used and were happy with.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:30 pm
We went to Dr. David Koenigsberg for a consultation and were very pleased.
651-2489, 6512-565

5*Mom

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone recommend an excellent child psychologist in jerusalem?

it's for my 4 year old son who is having some behavioral issues.

*Behavioral issues* is very general and could be medical, emotional, psychological or neurodevelopmental in nature. It's tricky to give recommendations without knowing more about what the issue is. Would you want to give a bit more information in the interest of getting more targeted recommendations?

rabshi

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 4:14 am
18vekayam wrote:
I recommend Minki Wolodarsky. She's a therapist, not a psychologist, but she works with young children and is very helpful and intuitive. 054-845-5420 hatzlacha!

Is she licensed?

Which therapeutic modalities does she use?

abound

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 5:02 am
I second Minki, she is a play therapist she is licensed but I do not think as a psychologist, she did some schooling in Neve and others I am not sure where. You can ask her.

ProudMommie

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 12:29 am
rabshi wrote:
Is she licensed?

Which therapeutic modalities does she use?

I would check out her credentials very carefully
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children