Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Close friend lives in a filthy house and doesn't realize it
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
1st of all when my boys pee sitting down, the mess could be horrific.
And 2nd I do not consider it a laudible goal to encourage my boys to only pee sitting. I do not want them to be the boys who wont use the urinal in school. My boys school has 4 urinals to every one stall and theyre encouraged to leave the stalls for those who need to ....well sit. My boys would be teased to no end.

This. Even my three year old son told me that only whoever needs to poop goes to the sitting potty, all the other boys stand.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 10:18 pm
So my house gets cleaned on friday. For shabbos. I have a lot of clutter but it's not priority to me. If during the week my boys miss, it waits for Friday cleaning help. The toys get cleared up on friday. They can sit on the floor in every room all week. I'm not spending the time to clean them up. I don't sweep evry day (probably 4x a week). I do do dishes nightly (altho breakfast dishes may wait til evening ). Vacuum =friday. Clean laundry once a week. There us definitely dust in my house - not my priority. There is hair /dust in bathroom til friday.
This works for me. Although I wish I could afford daily cleaning help to make my house sparkle daily.

barektet

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 7:11 am
I could not have been in her house for more than a minute Rolling Eyes

southernbubby

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 9:25 am
For a balanced perspective, watch the Truth Bomb mom:

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 9:44 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I also am confused about why boys peeing sitting down is admirable??

It sounds weird to me...

As soon as my kids are sufficiently trained, they switch to peeing while standing. If they pee while sitting they’re just asking to be made fun of...

My 3 year old is very short and still pees sitting. I taught him how to aim while sitting and so far no pee in the wrong places

I keep this great spray "scrubbing bubbles" in the bathroom. It's great if you have boys! Cleans it up in a few seconds.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 11:30 am
flowerpower wrote:
My 3 year old is very short and still pees sitting. I taught him how to aim while sitting and so far no pee in the wrong places

I keep this great spray "scrubbing bubbles" in the bathroom. It's great if you have boys! Cleans it up in a few seconds.

My older son, 6 , still sits at home (not school ) and is so much cleaner. My 3 yr old learned standing and it's a disgusting mess.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 2:10 pm
flowerpower wrote:

3 is fine to pee sitting. 6 or 7? You’re asking for kids to make fun of you.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 11:24 am
LittleDucky wrote:
You also don’t know the full story. No matter how nosy and eagle-eyed you might be— you really don’t know what is going on in the home. Some people have a diagnosis they are uncomfortable sharing, even to close relatives. Whether it is a kid or a parent it isn’t easy to just clean it. Fibromyalgia, POTS, sleep disorders, pain disorders (so take meds and then can’t function or sleep)... I could go on. All of these are real and can effect th ability to function and do basic tasks. Complaining about the consequences of a Hidden diseases shouldn’t make them feel even worse.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I have all the above, and a decent round of cleaning leaves me in bed for the next 2 to 3 days. I have to really save my spoons.

saw50st8

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 7:24 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
So did you clean it? Or did you just say “well it’s normal to have pee all over the toilet seats”?

Because my kids pee all over the bathroom. But I don’t just leave the pee. I clean it.

Of course I cleaned it, but I was also there to notice it right away. I leave before my kids in the morning, so if it happens in the morning after I've left, I can't get to it until the evening and that's if I go in the downstairs bathroom when I get home. Quite frequently, I don't and then a few days could go by and I don't go into that bathroom.

Amother Honeydew, I'm seriously laughing at your comment. I'm a mom of 3 boys (and one girl) and while I've trained them well, they aren't perfect. Yes, I always tell guests to look before they sit, no matter how recently I've cleaned the toilet.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 1:00 pm
(I just cleaned my bathroom last night. I have no idea what it looks like now. If you come to me at any day time hour, it's at your own risk. It may be clean between the hours of 10 PM and 7 AM. Carry on.)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics