Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Accounting jobs near Monsey - $100k ?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 5:19 pm
Is it possible to find frum jobs around Monsey in private (not public) accounting that pay in the six figure range? 6-8 years experience including Big 4 experience. I work in the city but I can't handle it much longer. Do these jobs exist?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 5:30 pm
Yes, I made just under $100k when I worked in Monsey (I have since moved away) and that was with flexible hours. I know many other women with my background who worked as Controllers or CFOs in Monsey, North Jersey, Westchester. Almost everyone I know found their job through word of mouth, head hunters were not helpful in my experience.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 5:37 pm
Not so easy. My DH has been working in this field over a decade. He just wanted to switch and couldn't find anything paying more than $75k with no benefits. The poster before may have gotten her job years ago. Since accounting became a popular field in the frum communities it is very hard to find a job paying more than $75k here in Monsey.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
Not so easy. My DH has been working in this field over a decade. He just wanted to switch and couldn't find anything paying more than $75k with no benefits. The poster before may have gotten her job years ago. Since accounting became a popular field in the frum communities it is very hard to find a job paying more than $75k here in Monsey.

What type of background does your husband have? And how many years experience ?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I made just under $100k when I worked in Monsey (I have since moved away) and that was with flexible hours. I know many other women with my background who worked as Controllers or CFOs in Monsey, North Jersey, Westchester. Almost everyone I know found their job through word of mouth, head hunters were not helpful in my experience.

How long ago was this?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
How long ago was this?

I left a year ago.
Amother Vermilion is right it's not easy, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:
I left a year ago.
Amother Vermilion is right it's not easy, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

How many years experience do you have?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:
What type of background does your husband have? And how many years experience ?

He has over 15 yrs experience in accounting. He was the controller of a company for 10 years and he just started out on his own and is doing independent booking/ accounting and consulting now.
He had many job offers since he is highly qualified but all of them were in Brooklyn.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
How many years experience do you have?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
He has over 15 yrs experience in accounting. He was the controller of a company for 10 years and he just started out on his own and is doing independent booking/ accounting and consulting now.
He had many job offers since he is highly qualified but all of them were in Brooklyn.

Wow ... surprised he can only get $75k...
I hope he finds something soon.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:50 pm
Accountant/Tax Manager opportunity in case anyone looking....

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 3:13 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
Accountant/Tax Manager opportunity in case anyone looking....

Where? What hours? Pay?

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 3:16 pm
It’s who you know, not what you know.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 3:20 pm
You could definitely make that in public accounting working, even remotely. My husband’s company in Brooklyn is looking.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:46 pm
Monsey, accounting/tax management experience, CPA preferred, $100-130k

minna1

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:27 am
I’m trying to fill a job in monsey right now for up to 150k, if you have experience with tax accounting.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 9:30 pm
My husband makes 160k working remote. But it's a high pressure job not suitable for a mother imo. Very surprised salaries in monsey are so low.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics