Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Girls name connected to israel
Previous  1  2

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 12:26 am
Wow thanks for your help everyone!!

LisaS

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:51 am
I love the idea of using a name of one of the Bnot Tzlofchad. They showed such great love for Eretz Yisrael.

Are you living in a Chareidi community in Israel or Chutz Laaretz? Because some of the names mentioned in this thread would stand out quite a bit in an Israeli Chareidi community.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:15 am
simba wrote:
Zehava? Yerushalyim she zehav? A bit tzioni!
Devorah..a bit far fetched..she sat under a date tree..dates are one of shivaas haminim!

Zehava is Golda in Yiddish.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:31 am
Bat Zion is the nicest name.
My DD is in a Beit Yaakov school in Jerusalem, and there's a Bat Zion in her class. So it's found in charedi circles too.
Are you living in Israel, or your DD was just born in Israel?

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:52 am
Zehava, Tziona, Yisraela, Yardena Kinerret, would not fit in an Israeli Chareidi community and with the exception of Kinerret would stand out in any Israeli community. Moriyah - I'm not sure about, it used to be very very common in DL and Chardal circles and may have seeped into Chareidi communities (like Efrat, Yael, Michal and Ayala, which are quite common in chareidi communities now), same goes for Tzofiah which was pretty common among DL and Chardal circles (although not ubiquitous like Moriyah) I'm also not 100% if Bat Tzion. Ariella also is a very American name now - not very Israeli. I'd look at first grades in your area to see if there are Moriyah's and Bat-Tzions. if you don't mind sticking out only a bit but within the community standards they're good choices.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 7:33 am
OP, suggest you check with a mekubal etc. which name are suitable. You can never be to careful. I have heard that there are rabanim which are very negative to turn a male name into a female form (Ariella, Tziona, Daniella etc.)
Many of the names suggested are not within Israeli charedi standards. Very common in these circles to name a baby from a grandmother/father who passed away.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 8:33 am
I don't have any new ideas, but I think from those listed either Tzofia or Ariella is your best bet, I know chareidim with both names.

zohar

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 8:38 am
Bas Tzion is a chareidi name. It's in fact a rebbish name.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 8:48 am
OP here: we are living in Israel now and will iyh have the baby here but plan to move back to the States eventually. We consider ourselves american yeshivish.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:05 am
Rav Beinush Finkel, who was the Rosh Yeshiva if Mir and Rav Nosson Tzvi's father-in-law, had 5 daughters, one of whom is named Bas-tzion (and married to Rav Binyomin Carlebach, who also gives a shiur in the Mir). On the other hand, it's not so common in America where you're planning to move back to.

rgr

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:20 am
Bas Tzion, call her Bassy (like the nickname for Basya)

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:40 am
amother wrote:
OP here: we are living in Israel now and will iyh have the baby here but plan to move back to the States eventually. We consider ourselves american yeshivish.

I don't think Tzofia is popular in American Yeshivish circles. And though I know a Batzion, she's the only Batzion I know. Ariella is somewhat more popular.

Someone suggested the Bnos Tzelafchad - Tirtza is definitely an option there, and very lovely and normal for your circles.

Zehava is also an option - popular enough but not overused.

bassarah

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:41 am
amother wrote:

Are you positive it’s a girl? Wink

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:53 am
Bastsion. It was used in some chassidishe circles pre-war.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names