Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Have you seen Norman's Creme yogurts in Lakewood?

penguin

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 3:43 pm
I just checked the websites of several stores in Lakewood & can't find it. I found an ad for a tasting at Evergreen in Monsey...
Has anyone seen the actual product in a store?

ces

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:07 pm
penguin wrote:
I just checked the websites of several stores in Lakewood & can't find it. I found an ad for a tasting at Evergreen in Monsey...

Yes, I've seen it at npgs

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 5:55 pm
I'm pretty sure I saw it at the James St NPGS.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 6:38 pm
They are a new product, so they might not be on the websites even though they are in stores. At my local grocery (NY area) they sell them but haven't put them online yet.

penguin

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 6:53 pm
Oh well. I guess I'm not getting out in person too soon ... maybe DH will decide to buy me a present for Shabbos...

Which flavors do you like?

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 7:41 pm
So here's the thing: I really don't like yogurt, but it's something I have always wanted to learn to like. I decided to try this one, and I liked it, so my hope is that I will train myself to like regular yogurt. I loved the Dulce De Leche kind, and liked the mocha one as well. I did NOT like the strawberry one, it reminded me too much of regular yogurt, and the strawberry part was more chunky than I would have liked.

I have the vanilla bean and the cherry ones in my fridge. I can report back when I have tasted them.

chananecha

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:02 pm
I didn't like them. They are filled with lots of extra calories. It's more of a dessert claiming it's a yogurt Rolling Eyes

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:08 pm
chananecha wrote:
I didn't like them. They are filled with lots of extra calories. It's more of a dessert claiming it's a yogurt Rolling Eyes

They're marketed as a dessert yogurt.

debsey

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:19 pm
penguin wrote:

Evergreen has them.

yogabird

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:41 pm
cnc wrote:
They're marketed as a dessert yogurt.

What exactly is a dessert yogurt? Inquiring minds want to know.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:50 pm
It’s like a cross between chocolate pudding and yogurt.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 10:30 am
K, so I sometimes just take plain greek yogurt & swirl in a chocolate pudding. Top with brown rice krispies & toasted slivered almonds. Heavenly.

So if this is expensive I guess I don't need it : )
(Were they spying on my in my kitchen?)

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:49 am
There's one that's like a mocha or chocolate flavor.

Looks awesome.

But the calorie count for a tiny cup is more that I'd "spend" on a meal.

I wish Normans would make a 100 calorie chocolate flavored yogurt. I'd be their #1 customer. Sometimes, you just want something that's chocolate and creamy.

Before I got married, I'd get the diet Swiss Miss pudding cups (OU-D) which had like 60 calories for a cup. It was just the perfect dietetic treat. Mix in some bananas and some rice crispies and it's like a chocolate bar.

I wish Normans would make something like that! (Btw, the Tiramisu 100 cal flavor is awesome.)

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:14 pm
yogabird wrote:
What exactly is a dessert yogurt? Inquiring minds want to know.

Exactly what it sounds like I guess.
A yogurt with a zillion extra calories and no health benefits.
I never had it but I doubt it's meant to be eaten as your daily breakfast. More like a once in while treat .

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:38 pm
Quote:
I wish Normans would make a 100 calorie chocolate flavored yogurt. I'd be their #1 customer. Sometimes, you just want something that's chocolate and creamy.

It's pretty easy. Take about 1 tsp cocoa (or more). Add your choice of sweetener - I suggest half stevia and half coconut sugar or agave. This will keep the calories down.

Dissolve with a drop or two of hot water, as little as possible.

Mix in a spoonful of yogurt at a time until blended.

Yes, it's easier to grab a ready-to-eat flavor, which I do a lot. But a quart of plain Greek yogurt should save a bit (though honestly I haven't made the calculation.)

I also have cherry & pomegranate juice concentrates, sometimes I do those.

abaker

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 5:46 pm
I really enjoyed the mocha one. But the containers are soo small and are really high in calories. I really could just have some ice cream. It would be majorly impressive if they came out with a 100 calorie Greek yogurt that tastes like dessert.

(I do buy the Normans 100 calroie light tiramisu and dulce de Leche)

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:58 pm
Funny, I find that they are really filling. And I am horrible about breakfast so believe it or not this is probably not so bad compared to what I could be eating.

That said, I had the vanilla one today and didn't like it. And the reason for that is the same reason why I don't like any other yogurt, I can't stand the sour taste. Grrr. I was hoping to learn to like it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics