Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How come people don't care about being fat?
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

shiaeisen

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:48 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Pasta, if cooked only slightly and still firm, is a better choice than quinoa because quinoa is very high in calories. Protein bars are not very filling. There is a fiber such as Benefiber that is added to water to make the stomach feel full. Nuts are very high in calories.

It sounds like, although you have substituted better choices, your metabolism won't budge with these. Most people with stubborn weight end up losing when they eat loads of non-starchy vegetables and a little fruit, and a little lean protein. Unfortunately, the person has to adjust to feeling hungrier but carrots and cut up veggies are the only snack that will cause weight loss.

Actually although nuts are high in (good) fat and calories, they have been proven to help weight loss, and are encouraged by nutritionists.

shiaeisen

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:50 pm
amother wrote:
I was also thin all my life and started gaining wait by my first baby. Gained slowly more and more until I became very fat. I recently found out it's a thyroid issue. Do you start losing weight on medication? Or you don't take thyroid medicine?

Thyroid meds in most cases do not promote weight loss, and the synthetic substitute for the thyroid issue is not the same as having it working naturally...

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:24 pm
I didn't follow this entire thread, so perhaps my point has been made by others already, but I want to say that although I am overweight, it taka isn't a huge concern in my life at the moment. Why? Because I have REAL problems to deal with. I suffer with a completely unrelated and debilitating health condition that causes tremendous pain. I'm not going to waste my time and energy beating myself up over food, in addition to the pain I already have.

This condition will resolve, BH, and then, as in the past, I will IYH have the ability to take charge over healthier meals and exercise, but as of yet, I am a cholah, and it ain't happening.

So next time you look at a "fat" person, realize that maybe, just maybe, they don't care because they have much bigger struggles in life to contend with.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:44 pm
shiaeisen wrote:
Actually although nuts are high in (good) fat and calories, they have been proven to help weight loss, and are encouraged by nutritionists.

Some nutritionists take people who are having trouble losing weight, off of nuts. There is even a diet thread on here where this is spoken of. If you read Binah magazine's girl on a diet, there are nutritionists on there who don't believe that nuts are good for weight loss. There is a bariatrician with a blog, and his name is Dr Terry Simpson and he sees nuts as something that promotes weight gain because there are a lot of calories in a small amount of nuts.

Obviously, if someone is losing while eating nuts, then it isn't affecting their weight loss. I was answering a poster, however, that was substituting a handful of nuts for a previously larger snack. I was also not sure what volume a handful was because nuts are not something that dieters can unlimited quantities of like celery.

Some nutritionists allow a snack of 10 almonds or other similar sized nuts, which is about 100 calories. Volume eaters are not always satisfied with this.

So the word "proven" needs a bit more validation.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't follow this entire thread, so perhaps my point has been made by others already, but I want to say that although I am overweight, it taka isn't a huge concern in my life at the moment. Why? Because I have REAL problems to deal with. I suffer with a completely unrelated and debilitating health condition that causes tremendous pain. I'm not going to waste my time and energy beating myself up over food, in addition to the pain I already have.

This condition will resolve, BH, and then, as in the past, I will IYH have the ability to take charge over healthier meals and exercise, but as of yet, I am a cholah, and it ain't happening.

So next time you look at a "fat" person, realize that maybe, just maybe, they don't care because they have much bigger struggles in life to contend with.

That scenario was brought out numerous times throughout the thread; the fact that there were bigger issues in the person's life.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise