Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pesach cleaning encouragement plz

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 8:06 am
Hi, I am by nature not a go getter. I love my house organized and things in place. To be found.

I also don't take cleaning help. And I also get overwhelmed easily and give up easily.

What thoughts help you to go on despite feeling overwhelmed and giving up easily?

I need thoughts that will empower me. Not discouraging ones.

My biggest reward will be if me and dear husband won't have any argument about anything related to pesach. Even if I don't do a perfect job. That is one of the most important things. I hate the arguments about how much money we need to spend or should not.

But this really has got nothing to do with the cleaning.

I don't know how much he will help I do know he will with cooking. And does help me with the kids and reeves yomtov and shopping.

I really wanna improve on some things I've done wrong.

Ok I know I'm just rambling. So bare with me.

What are good tips on not arguing and encouring myself to keep doing what is important and that means cleaning.

I will have to do spring cleaning because I can't clean up a huge mess without cleaning along.

I don't know if I'll do walls. That for sure not.

Any tips/ideas?

Please don't criticize. I don't take that easily. Suggestions? Yes Thank you!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 8:20 am
1. Start early
2. Get cleaning help
3. Pesach cleaning vs spring cleaning

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 9:34 am
Break it down by room and do 1 room a week.
The way to schedule this properly is to work backwards and create a list that way. Calculate how many rooms you have to work with. Add 2 to that and that is the number of weeks before pesach you need to start so that you are done 2 weeks before pesach and have time to spend an extra week on the kitchen details/kashering/switching over as well as a week to cook.
I work backwards kitchen last, dining room second to last, playroom before that... Master bedroom first, kids room after that cuz can be harder to keep the kids out to there, etc.
Good luck!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 10:09 am
OP I'm starting early. I just started today. Nothing major. My goal is to do bit by bit with the least stress possible. So far I don't have a cleaning lady either.
I did the linen closet today. It's the smallest area and looks so nice and fresh now , giving me a boost to want to do more .
I removed everything from the closet. The. Cleaned the interior of the closet. Then sorted and got rid of any thing torn or stained. Refolded everything neatly. Put it back on the shelves. And washed the interior and exterior of the closet door and the door frame. The whole thing took less than an hour and it's done.
Next Sunday, I plan on doing the same to another closet in my laundry room.
I start with the tasks that take faster, don't involve lots of hard physical work but make me feel accomplished in the end.
Good Luck.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 10:21 am
Start early.
Go through closets that are least used. See what you didn't touch the past few years and give those things away.
I call it winter cleaning because I organize now since we can't really go out. Once it gets warmer out we will want to spend more times outdoors. We started today- with the board games. Taped all boxes, trashed those with missing pieces, and took out those that never get played.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics