Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Lost school

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 6:06 pm
so the final answer ... my son cannot go to school which starts monday ... cause he messed up ... no early admissions and scholarship ... all my hard work ... down the tube ...

cindy324

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:53 pm
Oh man... Sad I'm so sorry, green.

How'd he mess up?

louche

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:14 am
Oh, that's too bad...is there another school he can go to? can he try again next year?

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:21 am
so ds changed from telshe to another yeshiva in nj last year for 12th grade only they didn't teach him any secular subjects (they were supposed to) so he didn't graduate - then he was supposed to do a "package" over the summer to finish 12th grade work on his own (through telshe)... but he was stressed and it was harder than expected ... so he could have still gone to Touro College in queens for yeshiva boys - only they just told us yesterday that they don't do "early admissions" & scholarships ... so he must finish package before entering and now ... once again he is in limbo ... (as if I didn't have enough issues with the girls) ... it's hard when you are only 1 of the class who wants to pursue a college education ... so he is second guessing his own decision ...

so I guess you win some you lose some ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:21 am
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children