Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Carbs from grains vs carbs from fruit and veggie

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 4:35 pm
Is There a difference?
What are the benefits of grains that you can’t get from other Foods?
I’ve heard grains are brain food. Is this because of carbs and if so can’t I get my carbs from fruit and veggies?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 4:46 pm
Grains are bad for the gut and bad for the brain.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 6:59 pm
amother wrote:
Grains are bad for the gut and bad for the brain.

Can you elaborate? Why are so many saying to eat whole grain?
When I talk to people and tell them what I eat, they say to me, so you are on a low carb diet.
Then they tell me how dangerous it is that I leave out grains.
The funny thing is my carb count is quite high from all the veggies I eat.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
Can you elaborate? Why are so many saying to eat whole grain?
When I talk to people and tell them what I eat, they say to me, so you are on a low carb diet.
Then they tell me how dangerous it is that I leave out grains.
The funny thing is my carb count is quite high from all the veggies I eat.

there is no consensus on in the world of nutrition, on basically anything.

If you are going to be mindful about changing your diet - then you really just need to go to a dietitian - or a read a book and go with it. Whatever you do - someone will tell you that your way is wrong.

You seem to be thinking about following The Grain Brain book by Dr. Perlmutter.
https://www.drperlmutter.com/a.....tter/

Renowned neurologist David Perlmutter, MD, blows the lid off a topic that’s been buried in medical literature for far too long: carbs are destroying your brain. And not just unhealthy carbs, but even healthy ones like whole grains can cause dementia, ADHD, anxiety, chronic headaches, depression, and much more. Dr. Perlmutter explains what happens when the brain encounters common ingredients in your daily bread and fruit bowls, why your brain thrives on fat and cholesterol, and how you can spur the growth of new brain cells at any age. He offers an in-depth look at how we can take control of our “smart genes” through specific dietary choices and lifestyle habits, demonstrating how to remedy our most feared maladies without drugs.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
there is no consensus on in the world of nutrition, on basically anything.

If you are going to be mindful about changing your diet - then you really just need to go to a dietitian - or a read a book and go with it. Whatever you do - someone will tell you that your way is wrong.

You seem to be thinking about following The Grain Brain book by Dr. Perlmutter.
https://www.drperlmutter.com/a.....tter/

Renowned neurologist David Perlmutter, MD, blows the lid off a topic that’s been buried in medical literature for far too long: carbs are destroying your brain. And not just unhealthy carbs, but even healthy ones like whole grains can cause dementia, ADHD, anxiety, chronic headaches, depression, and much more. Dr. Perlmutter explains what happens when the brain encounters common ingredients in your daily bread and fruit bowls, why your brain thrives on fat and cholesterol, and how you can spur the growth of new brain cells at any age. He offers an in-depth look at how we can take control of our “smart genes” through specific dietary choices and lifestyle habits, demonstrating how to remedy our most feared maladies without drugs.

Thanks
Great info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise