Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Acne in 17 year old

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:00 am
My 17 year old has severe acne. It is really bad. She wants to take meds for it. Does anybody know of a doctor or anybody who can help with this?

Thanks guys.

dovebird

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:05 am
Where are you located?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
My 17 year old has severe acne. It is really bad. She wants to take meds for it. Does anybody know of a doctor or anybody who can help with this?

Thanks guys.

Yes a dermatologist helped me tremendously at that age.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:37 am
I AM in Brooklyn. Would be willing to travel to manhattan too if there is a great doc there.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 10:09 am
Bump.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 11:11 pm
OP, a good dermatologist can help with this.

ladYdI

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 12:23 am
Before you try a dr or meds you really must try Edith! She’s on east 14 between x&y. 7186466831. I took all 3 of my teens there and went there myself as a teen! She gives you a 2 hour facial and then you need to buy her soap, scrub, mask and pimple cream. She makes everything herself and it’s all natural. She charges about $75 and her products will cost around $50 or so. In the beg you may need to bring her back in 2-4 weeks and then you can start coming less often. I use her moisturizer every night. She gives a great 2 hour facial for all ages and skin types!
Anybody else used her or heard of her?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 12:26 am
a family member of mine used dermotologist in premium health clinic (ocean pkway and foster). Hes been acne free for a few months now.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 2:56 am
I had awful acne as a teen. A dermatologist is definitely the first step but personally, mine was never able to help me, even after years of various treatments. Eventually I turned to a gynecologist who put me on hormonal birth control. Not that I needed or for birth control reasons! But my acne turned out to be have been caused by my (at the time, undiagnosed,) PCOS so only the hormones could really help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics