Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
How can I delete a LinkedIn account?

Emotional

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 4:01 am
I have a LinkedIn account which I have no memory of even opening, although I must have at some point. For personal reasons I would like to delete it, but I have explored the menu options and find no such option. Can anyone help me?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 5:24 am
I had this. It was very very difficult. I was shocked at how poor customer service was at linked in (can't talk to anyone on the phone, for example)

Emotional

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:31 am
pesek zman wrote:
I had this. It was very very difficult. I was shocked at how poor customer service was at linked in (can't talk to anyone on the phone, for example)

So did you resolve it in the end?

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:33 am
If you can't get rid of the account, can you edit it so that the page is just a shell?

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:42 am
Google the following: how to delete linkedin account

Emotional

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 8:07 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
If you can't get rid of the account, can you edit it so that the page is just a shell?

It shows me as "beginner" with no work experience, etc...
In a nutshell, the situation is like this:
When I graduated high school over twenty years ago, I was indecisive and lacked assertiveness, confidence, or direction. My parents, whom I truly believe meant well, pushed be to train for a field that was totally unsuited to me. I went throught many wasted years as I tried but wasn't matzliach, as it was a field I wasn't good at & had very little interest in.
Meanwhile, I had my kids, was mostly a stay-at-home mom, and I'm now nearing forty and working as a playgroup assistant, which suits me just fine for now. I'm open to going back to school when my kids are grown, but right now this is where I'm holding.
The problem is, all my old classmates from high school and college have moved up the corporate ladder in their chosen fields. They're all trying to connect with me on LinkedIn, knowing what field I trained in back then... it's a little embarrassing and uncomfortable.

Last edited by Emotional on Mon, Jan 08 2018, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 8:09 am
I had this recently. I'm pretty sure I had to call them and ask them to do it for me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media