Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What wacky, nutty, crazy thing happened to you recently?!
1  2  3  4  Next

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:32 pm
Well, I have a rooster living in my house!!! And he crows every morning. The other day I called from my bedroom "Yaakov, stop those noises, you are waking everyone up" thinking it was DS age 11 who tends to make annoying sounds but it was the rooster for crying out loud ! Or maybe I should say for "crowing" out loud .
My lovely DH had rachmanus that our chickens were too cold outside and he brought them in as house guests!
Yup, it's true , I have a rooster and three hens living IN my house.
What wacky, crazy thing is going on in your neck of the woods ?!

dovebird

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:01 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Well, I have a rooster living in my house!!! And he crows every morning. The other day I called from my bedroom "Yaakov, stop those noises, you are waking everyone up" thinking it was DS age 11 who tends to make annoying sounds but it was the rooster for crying out loud ! Or maybe I should say for "crowing" out loud .
My lovely DH had rachmanus that our chickens were too cold outside and he brought them in as house guests!
Yup, it's true , I have a rooster and three hens living IN my house.
What wacky, crazy thing is going on in your neck of the woods ?!

Omg that's amazing! We once had a rooster in our house (it would sleep inside) but it got taken away Crying I was so sad! But such good memories!

Last edited by dovebird on Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

ProudMommy3

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:13 pm
I know you might've meant rooster, but that typo is awesome when speaking about chickens!!

dovebird

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:16 pm
ProudMommy3 wrote:
I know you might've meant rooster, but that typo is awesome when speaking about chickens!!

Omg LOL Going to edit!
Eta- I should post this on the autocorrect thread. (Except it was more of a swipe mistake thingy!🙈)

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:24 pm
One hour ago I went to nap. I told kids, don't wake me unless there is blood or fire. Daughter wakes me up 20 min later, there are 3 fireman at the door!
Apparently the manhole outside is smoking and they wanted to check my house for carbon monoxide

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:26 pm
Lol check out my imamothER color

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
Lol check out my imamothER color
what a coincidence!

crust

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:55 pm
Bizzy my kids would love it! Roosters?
In the home?? Paradise!!

My son keeps on begging me for a goat. He sais it fits in his old crib. LOL

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:02 pm
crust wrote:
Bizzy my kids would love it! Roosters?
In the home?? Paradise!!

My son keeps on begging me for a goat. He sais it fits in his old crib. LOL

Yeh.. I believe you. My kids want every animal you could think of. That's how we ended up with chickens. I was only willing to allow them to have a pet that lived OUTDOORS. Well that didn't really work, did it? The animal protection that takes place in this home sometimes makes me want to be an animal... they always get better treatment.
DH says the weather is much better and he himself is getting sick of the stench in the garage. (Chickens smell no matter what) He built them a massive new coop since they grew tons. Now they will have a two story home , staircase and all..all the amenities...
He said that they are being evicted from our house tonight... I'll believe it when I see it.

crust

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:13 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Yeh.. I believe you. My kids want every animal you could think of. That's how we ended up with chickens. I was only willing to allow them to have a pet that lived OUTDOORS. Well that didn't really work, did it? The animal protection that takes place in this home sometimes makes me want to be an animal... they always get better treatment.
DH says the weather is much better and he himself is getting sick of the stench in the garage. (Chickens smell no matter what) He built them a massive new coop since they grew tons. Now they will have a two story home , staircase and all..all the amenities...
He said that they are being evicted from our house tonight... I'll believe it when I see it.

Or when you 'don't' hear it. Wink

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:28 pm
crust wrote:
Or when you 'don't' hear it. Wink
Rolling Laughter

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 6:31 pm
I grew up and lived in BP for most of my life including my first marriage. When I remarried I moved to Williamsburg where my husband is from because his house and business are here. I'm very often on the buses between the 2 shopping and meeting family and friends. One afternoon I got onto the bus when I got to the back I saw my ex mother in law, no big deal I said hello (although she ignored me and averted her eyes) and sat down in a seat nearby but not in her direct line of vision (the seats were facing each other). Well next stop would you believe it, my mother in law got onto the bus and for a seat near me. I could not believe it, was so awkward (they know each other vaguely.) The whole ride felt surreal. This was the wackiest thing to ever happen to me...

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 7:57 pm
I called up a local boys' elementary school to pay my neighbor's sons' tuition. I asked how much it cost. They raised the price on me from last year. The nerve!

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:29 pm
This was not really wacky, but amother with the bus story, you reminded me of this...

A few days ago, it was a little late in the day and only me, one coworker and my male boss were in the office. The coworker left work for an appointment, only to realize that her appointment was for another day.

She came back to my office about 20 min later and jokingly said to me, "I didn't want to leave you guys alone"... While I was in middle of working on something with my male boss...

She was so embarrassed, I felt bad...

(FTR it wasn't a yichud problem for us to be alone and she knew that.)

Last edited by Boca00 on Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
I called up a local boys' elementary school to pay my neighbor's sons' tuition. I asked how much it cost. They raised the price on me from last year. The nerve!

MI K'amcha Yisrael! Hug

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:39 pm
I've had many wacky stories recently but my mind is blank now... this is the only one I can remember now.
So I was talking with one of my baby's nurse about implementing a system when changing certain supplies etc.
I open the drawer to take out a big notepad that has columns for days of the week for a month. & started laughing, because there is my last year pesach cleaning plan. so were talking how I always make lists but never look at' them after and she's like same here! whats your birthday? whats your birthday? hey, no thats MY birthday! yup! we share a b-day:)
(now I have no clue if this is something 'related' to this day, but was just a very cute coincidence to share a couple of other related interests as well with our sweet Hispanic descent nurse!)

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:44 pm
Okay. Don't get mad at me. I can't change my personality. It's freezing winter outside and I pass a mom in a full length fur coat and boots, wheeling a carriage, with like a 3 year old holding on to the side of it. Wearing Uggs and nothing under them that I could see Cuz her knees and thighs were exposed. So like an idiot, I wasn't Dan lekaf zchus, and I told the mother gently, "it's really cold. Maybe she should wear tights?" Because if I don't advocate for that kid, nobody will. And I was freezing too!
She was so insulted, she said something like "it's not your business," or "mind your own business" idk. I was burning with shame.

My kids said they wouldn't either appreciate comments from strangers. But they also dress their kids in the winter!

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:52 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Okay. Don't get mad at me. I can't change my personality. It's freezing winter outside and I pass a mom in a full length fur coat and boots, wheeling a carriage, with like a 3 year old holding on to the side of it. Wearing Uggs and nothing under them that I could see Cuz her knees and thighs were exposed. So like an idiot, I wasn't Dan lekaf zchus, and I told the mother gently, "it's really cold. Maybe she should wear tights?" Because if I don't advocate for that kid, nobody will. And I was freezing too!
She was so insulted, she said something like "it's not your business," or "mind your own business" idk. I was burning with shame.

My kids said they wouldn't either appreciate comments from strangers. But they also dress their kids in the winter!

Did you ever have that stubborn kid where the choice was to either let him wear or not wear what he wants, or never get out of the house?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:55 pm
seeker wrote:
Did you ever have that stubborn kid where the choice was to either let him wear or not wear what he wants, or never get out of the house?

My daughter insisted on wearing sunglasses at the bus stop today. 😎

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:56 pm
seeker wrote:

embarrassed

I know... I feel horrible..
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics