Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could Oprah Winfrey be the next President of the USA?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:40 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Did you hear what Catherine Deneuve has said about #me too, and what a chaval it is that men can't even steal a kiss or cop a feel if they want?

What is your opinion about that?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:46 pm
imasoftov wrote:

I think she was just showing Ruchel that France has their own crazies too

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 4:13 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I think she was just showing Ruchel that France has their own crazies too

I Googled to see if Catherine Deneuve had entered politics, she's endorsed some political positions but hasn't run for office.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:28 pm
imasoftov wrote:

Allthingsblue said it.
I'm glad we have boundaries. I know they're not foolproof but we don't have to deal with unwanted touch. My husband was working for an imploding company and right after some draconian announcement, he got a bear hug from a coworker. Female coworker. (It works both ways.)
I went to the dentist for something that b"H turned out to be nothing but he got me in to a nearby surgeon I hadn't used before. I was impressed but had I needed their services, I would definitely have spoken up about the really creepy and touchy (just shoulder area but still) male assistant.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 3:14 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Allthingsblue said it.
I'm glad we have boundaries. I know they're not foolproof but we don't have to deal with unwanted touch. My husband was working for an imploding company and right after some draconian announcement, he got a bear hug from a coworker. Female coworker. (It works both ways.)
I went to the dentist for something that b"H turned out to be nothing but he got me in to a nearby surgeon I hadn't used before. I was impressed but had I needed their services, I would definitely have spoken up about the really creepy and touchy (just shoulder area but still) male assistant.

Allthingsblue may have explained why you were telling Ruchel about Deneuve (although I'm still puzzled why Ruchel should take notice of Deneuve's opinion because they both are French) but she didn't say what you thought about about Deneuve said.

So is the rest of the above your reaction to Deneuve? And are you saying that you have no objections with men (this is a quote I've found in multiple articles, a translation from the French, which seems accurate to me) "touching a knee, trying to steal a kiss, or speaking about ‘intimate’ things at a work dinner…." so long as they leave "we who have boundaries" out of it? If I've misunderstood you please try to be clearer.

Link to original in French http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/ar......html

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 8:40 am
imasoftov wrote:
Allthingsblue may have explained why you were telling Ruchel about Deneuve (although I'm still puzzled why Ruchel should take notice of Deneuve's opinion because they both are French) but she didn't say what you thought about about Deneuve said.

So is the rest of the above your reaction to Deneuve? And are you saying that you have no objections with men (this is a quote I've found in multiple articles, a translation from the French, which seems accurate to me) "touching a knee, trying to steal a kiss, or speaking about ‘intimate’ things at a work dinner…." so long as they leave "we who have boundaries" out of it? If I've misunderstood you please try to be clearer.

Link to original in French http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/ar......html

Re the first paragraph, I don't think that one actress reflects on a country the same way a president who is elected by millions does. Just saying though.

And re the middle paragraph: of course not! I was saying that b"H we have clarity that the rest of the world seems not to. And what really got me shock (actually, I'm not that naïve, but it's a useful emoticon) was that she wasn't talking about a professional handshake but advances, likely unwanted. Random thought that just occurred to me as I type this: It makes me wonder if some women, no matter how beautiful, are so insecure that they can't feel that beauty and feel like women unless they drive men to act unmenschlich.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 9:40 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Re the first paragraph, I don't think that one actress reflects on a country the same way a president who is elected by millions does. Just saying though.

And re the middle paragraph: of course not! I was saying that b"H we have clarity that the rest of the world seems not to. And what really got me shock (actually, I'm not that naïve, but it's a useful emoticon) was that she wasn't talking about a professional handshake but advances, likely unwanted. Random thought that just occurred to me as I type this: It makes me wonder if some women, no matter how beautiful, are so insecure that they can't feel that beauty and feel like women unless they drive men to act unmenschlich.

Much better. But I also want people who are not obligated by halacha to also have the freedom to determine their own s-xual ethics so long as that includes consent.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:46 am
imasoftov wrote:
Much better. But I also want people who are not obligated by halacha to also have the freedom to determine their own s-xual ethics so long as that includes consent.

Phew! I am relieved Very Happy
While I feel that our standards are healthy boundaries, I certainly accept that people who aren't bound by halacha can determine their own standards and that even if looser than ours, those who follow them can be outstanding, upright people. But it is fascinating to see what a watershed this is for so many people who are now debating: What are reasonable guidelines? How can they be implemented in a way that will be respected and feel natural and healthy?
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics