Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What wacky, nutty, crazy thing happened to you recently?!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
Is that weird?

Us light eyed people wear sunglasses all year round
, kids and adults alike. And snow reflects the sun so it's just as important to protect our eyes in the winter as in the summer.

Sorry, off topic, but the sun affects a person differently depending the color of their eyes? I know skin, but eyes too? I never knew that. I do have light eyes and the sun bothers me, but I thought it's with everyone.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:29 am
Another wacky story I wanna relate but it's not recent... my older married sister lived in the apartment in my parents' house. I was in shidduchim and was babysitting for this sister one evening when the phone rang. I answered and this lady said she wants information about the neighbor's daughter, meaning me! Obviously she had no idea that she was calling my sister's house, she just assumed a neighbor is a good source... It taught me a lesson don't assume anything!
Anyway I wishI woulda had the guts to rave about myself... But I just said that I'm a babysitter...

observer

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:48 am
rainbow dash wrote:
I still can't tell my twins apart. They aren't identical and they are 8 years old. I feel like the mum in the movie Bad Moms who at the pta meeting said the same thing.

What do you mean that you can't tell them apart? Literally? Or you forget who did what?

observer

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:49 am
SuperWify wrote:
So this is mortifying and I should probably go anonymous.

My boss and I had a confidential 3 minute meeting so the door was shut no locked or anything.

Then I turned to leave but the door got jammed! Took 80 breathless seconds until he forced it open.

My DH wanted to hang me!

That must have been uncomfortable. But why would dh want to hang you? You didn't do anything wrong...

rgr

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:59 am
imasoftov wrote:
That's so hilarious! /sarcasm

That's so nasty/ not sarcasm!

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 3:06 pm
SuperWify wrote:
So this is mortifying and I should probably go anonymous.

My boss and I had a confidential 3 minute meeting so the door was shut no locked or anything.

Then I turned to leave but the door got jammed! Took 80 breathless seconds until he forced it open.

My DH wanted to hang me!

Is your boss Matt Lauer?

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 3:12 pm
DrMom wrote:
Is your boss Matt Lauer?

LOL

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:47 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
embarrassed

I know... I feel horrible..

More people should make comments to her so she ll realize shes wrong. Are you scared to tell a mom her toddlers is in the street?
My reason for saying so, my elementary age kid was getting water in her boots and she didn't say anything to me about it. She was outside along time waiting for a bus.I'm so upset she just showed me today two white blisters on the corner of her toe. I hope it's not frostbite.

crust

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 11:24 am
So, after years of not going to the dentist I finally went for x-rays. The hygenist insisted on doing a cleaning. I told her I'd rather do a delivery instead. She was adamant. I told her that when I scheduled the appointment the girl at the front desk agreed that the cleanings will be discussed at the visit. We will probably do partial cleanings while I will anyway be numb for other dental work.

She said she will only buff my teeth. I said I know myself. I freak out from those tools. I repeated myself again and again. And again. She listened like you listen to your wash machine.

I wanted to get over with it once and for all so I decided I'll let her do it.

After buffing she tells me she does have to use more tools.... I told her once again- I cant. I am very sensitive. I must be numb.

She starts screaming at me; do you want your teeth cleaned or not? Why are you coming to me? I told her: I came to have xrays done and to have a discussion on how we can work the partial cleanings out with the insurance.

She said; you cannot tell me what to do! I am the proffessional here!
I told her I am not telling you what to do. I am telling you that I cannot do it!! I know myself. I am very sensitive to the metal tools.

Without a word she takes the needle for the Lidocaine. I asked her well I know my insurance doesn't pay for full mouths numbing- what are you going to do? Will you do a partial numbing and cleaning? I just want to be informed.

She said I am going to numb you so I can clean.
I wondered; Has insurance protocol changed? Do they allow for a full mouth numbing?
She said she doesn't even have enough time to do a full cleaning.

So I said if they allow for a full mouth numbing and the only issue here is time then how about I come back when you do have time? Why do half only?

Or if they dont pay for the entire mouth at once then how about we stick to the original plan of letting the dentist do it partially?
Lets discuss it.

She starts screaming again. You just sit back. I am doing what I need to do!
I told her I am entitled to know before you numb up my entire mouth! What are you going to do???
She just started sticking me one two three.... seven.... ten till suddenly I felt dizzy. I told her I feel dizzy. I never had this before.

She puts the needle on her tray and says; You are done!! I can't treat you. I sat up in the chair to ground myself. She said lay back right now!! I told her I feel dizzy in that position.

She called in the dentist and they decided that if the partial cleaning worked in the past then perhaps we should do it that way.
Nice. So nice.

I came home with my entire mouth numbed up and no cleaning done. My mouth was still sore the next day.

I never went back to her. Thanks G-D there are enough dentists in New York State.

relish

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:07 pm
Crust, that is insane! She is in the service industry! What bad service!
Using the title "professional" when acting so unprofessional, how ironic!

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:35 pm
When I was served with eviction papers I looked for an apartment locally and couldn't afford any of them.
An oot friend told me there's an apartment available in a complex, affordable rent, grass and trees aplenty. I should come check it out.
I scheduled an appointment with the housing personnel , and when I Googled the address I realized I would have a problem getting there without a car.
Another friend called the church in that town and asked if someone could pick me up at the train station and drive me to the housing complex, then drive me back to the train station.
I took a train to the station closest to the oot town. The Christian guy was there, patiently waiting for me. He put his arm on me, I said I'm so sorry but I'm very sensitive because of a pain condition. He removed his hand, didn't try that again.
He drove me to the housing complex. I checked out the apt.
Decided it wasn't going to work for my family.
Christian gentleman says, if you'd like I can put you up for the night and tomorrow you can look at other available apartments. He offers to pay for my hotel room.
We go to the hotel, the mold smell is so strong I begin to cough uncontrollably.
We check out a motel, same story there.
He says, I would put you up at my home but I don't know if you'd be comfortable with that.
I was so exhausted by that time, I just wanted to get some sleep.
I told him I don't mind.
He took me to his home.
In his living room there are hundreds of greeting cards and mini shrines. There isn't an inch of empty space on the carpet.
He tells me his wife died a few years ago when she fell ill. He fell into a deep grief and hasnt been able to clean the house since then.
We get to talk about his wife's illness and it turns out I have early stage of that illness. What a coincidence! He tells me he did extensive research and was able to help his wife have a better quality of life by applying certain nutritional therapies and other alternative protocols.
He offers to help me finance treatment. And he hands me a book, "you have to read this book".
He drives me to the train station the next day,
Over the course of the next six months he gives me about a thousand dollars a month to help finance alternative therapies.
At some point he says he'd like to come visit me and meet my family. I told him I'm still struggling with my health, so it's not a good time but I'd let him know when I'm ready.
I haven't heard from him since.

relish

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:43 pm
Purple, I find your story creepy in a comforting sort of way. Hashem is always watching us, and has a master plan that is much greater than we can even begin to comprehend.

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:51 pm
crust wrote:
So, after years of not going to the dentist I finally went for x-rays. The hygenist insisted on doing a cleaning. I told her I'd rather do a delivery instead. She was adamant. I told her that when I scheduled the appointment the girl at the front desk agreeokd that the cleanings will be discussed at the visit. We will probably do partial cleanings while I will anyway be numb for other dental work.

She said she will only buff my teeth. I said I know myself. I freak out from those tools. I repeated myself again and again. And again. She listened like you listen to your wash machine.

After buffing she tells me she does have to use more tools.... I told her once again- I cant. I am very sensitive. I must be numb.

She starts screaming at me; do you want your teeth cleaned or not? Why are you coming to me? I told her: I came to have xrays done and to have a discussion on how we can work the partial cleanings out with the insurance.

I told her I am not telling you what to do. I am telling you that I cannot do it!! I know myself. I am very sensitive to the metal tools.

Without a word she takes the needle for the Lidocaine. I asked her well I know my insurance doesn't pay for full mouths numbing- what are you going to do? Will you do a partial numbing and cleaning? I just want to be informed.

I wondered; Has insurance protocol changed? Do they allow for a full mouth numbing?

So I said if they allow for a full mouth numbing and the only issue here is time then how about I come back when you do have time? Why do half only?

Or if they dont pay for the entire mouth at once then how about we stick to the original plan of letting the dentist do it partially?
Lets discuss it.

I told her I am entitled to know before you numb up my entire mouth! What are you going to do???
She just started sticking me one two three.... seven.... ten till suddenly I felt dizzy. I told her I feel dizzy. I never had this before.

She puts the needle on her tray and says; You are done!! I can't treat you. I sat up in the chair to ground myself. She said lay back right now!! I told her I feel dizzy in that position.

She called in the dentist and they decided that if the partial cleaning worked in the past then perhaps we should do it that way.
Nice. So nice.

I came home with my entire mouth numbed up and no cleaning done. My mouth was still sore the next day.

I never went back to her. Thanks G-D there are enough dentists in New York State.

Did you report her? Please report this. This is plain old fashioned abuse.
How terrible!!!! Absolutely terrible!!!!

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:55 pm
Amother purple, your story is so freaky creepy! I can't comprehend why you would: 1- get in a strangers car.
2-step into a strangers home!!!
3- discuss your personal life with him & accept money from him!
This sounds so irresponsible & inappropriate.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:57 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

This sounds so irresponsible & inappropriate.

Are you saying I posted in the wrong thread? My story belongs in the "irresponsible & inappropriate" thread?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:02 pm
crust wrote:
So, after years of not going to the dentist I finally went for x-rays. The hygenist insisted on doing a cleaning. I told her I'd rather do a delivery instead. She was adamant. I told her that when I scheduled the appointment the girl at the front desk agreed that the cleanings will be discussed at the visit. We will probably do partial cleanings while I will anyway be numb for other dental work.

Lets discuss it.

Nice. So nice.

Well...NOW you definitely have reason to fear dentists. Wacky and crazy indeed!

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:12 pm
Amother purple, this story doesn't belong on any thread! If you need help look for it in safe ways! This is not a nutty wacky story that happened to you, it's a story of a foolish women putting herself in danger.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

InnerMe

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:12 pm
amother wrote:
Are you saying I posted in the wrong thread? My story belongs in the "irresponsible & inappropriate" thread?

Rolling Laughter

There should totally be such a thread. It'll be a Safe Space. Where Imas can announce the irresponsible, inappropriate, incomprehensible stuff they did... and not be barraged with judgment.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:25 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Amother purple, this story doesn't belong on any thread! .

Do you all vote for me to remove it? I'd be glad to remove it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:32 pm
I agree, the post displays extremely poor judgement and could have easily ended as another "story" chas veshalom. Not something to be proud of.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics