Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
New to this. Cleaning lady late

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:51 pm
First time having a cleaning lady in a long time.
She charges by the hour. Came almost a half hour late, and wants to leave at the set time. Do I pay her the full hour. Something doesn't seem right

ces

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:
She charges by the hour. Came almost a half hour late, and wants to leave at the set time. Do I pay her the full hour. Something doesn't seem right

You pay her for the amount of time she was there

solo

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 2:51 pm
Is this a one time cleaning job? Then pay for the amount of time she worked.
If she’s gonna be coming on a regular basis I’d pay her for her lateness and tell her that it’s important to u that she be on time. If she continues to be late you can deduct it from her pay.
Timeliness is really important to me. But I really like the lady I have and she’s almost never on time. So I have asked her to call or text when she’s gonna be late. If it’s more than .5 hr I deduct it.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:

I wouldn’t.

I close my eyes to current cleaning lady being a few minutes late or ducking out a few minutes early but she’s a good housekeeper who’s been with me almost 2 years now. But for a new employee just starting - no way I would set this precedent. And half an hour isn’t 5 minutes. It’s really late.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:49 pm
Op here.

Yes, I will have her regularly and this was her first time here. I told my husband to deal with it, and when he asked her how many hours he needs to pay her for. She said the full amount and paid her. I will see what happens next time and definitely going to let her keep doing this.
P.s she did clean very well
And she also charges more than most people around here (brookly )

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:57 pm
OP good luck. She may be savvier than you think and continuously come just a little late and leave just a bit early. I had that with a very good cleaner. She came 10-15 minutes late and left 10-15 minutes early. It irked me to no end. I paid her in full and always rounded up her pay by several dollars too.
It really isn't fair. I paid her for at least two hours or more per week that she didn't work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics