Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Chasunah invitations - what do you think?
Previous  1  2

pink flower

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 8:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
My friend is making a wedding this summer. The kallah alone has over 50 first cousins, all of whom are invited. Plus the kallah's friends. Not to mention the chassan. And the parents' friends. That's 300 couples? More? At 5 minutes a call, that would take 25 hours on the phone. Not to mention the fact that people will forget, or not be able to respond immediately.

If you want to do that, enjoy. But no one I know has the time or energy for that, as opposed to a printed invitation.

If you take the time spent designing the monogram, sitting with the designer/ printer, editing and checking all the drafts, going through the lists whom to invite and for Chupa / Chasunah (both sides spend on these), folding cards, placing in envelopes, address labels, arranging postal etc... That easily add up to 25 hours.

Don't forget, the follow up (reminder) calls still happen either way!

I do agree with the other poster, if anything, just dinner cards not chuppah and it can be plain non fancy cards.

SixOfWands

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 9:05 pm
pink flower wrote:
If you take the time spent designing the monogram, sitting with the designer/ printer, editing and checking all the drafts, going through the lists whom to invite and for Chupa / Chasunah (both sides spend on these), folding cards, placing in envelopes, address labels, arranging postal etc... That easily add up to 25 hours.

Don't forget, the follow up (reminder) calls still happen either way!

I do agree with the other poster, if anything, just dinner cards not chuppah and it can be plain non fancy cards.

So if I make phone calls, I don’t have to figure out who to invite? Sweet.

Most people don’t design a monogram (I have never seen that done). I’ve never heard of more than one draft of the invitation, which you simply proof for errors. And yes, it does take time to create a label list. But unless you don’t intend to send thank you notes, you need that. In the long run, paper invitations are probably the least time consuming thing.

By the way, a problem with email invites is that a lot of older people still don’t use email.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics