Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieters- pls help me stay strong!!

toysrus

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 2:08 pm
I'm 4-5 stones overweight (56-70lb's) ive payed a lot of money to join a strict diet support group and im losing bh very nicely, but I find myself cheating more and more, I keep telling myself im not gonna but then I find myself noshing a bit here n there, REEeeeeeeeeealy wana lose this weight, pls help me stay strong.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 7:29 pm
It's totally worthwhile to stay on track. I feel sooo much better!
Not worth cheating.

OutATowner

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 8:46 pm
Find yourself alternatives when you want something unhealthy, just to distract you. For example, when I wanted cake today I said, first I'll have a large glass of water. Or I have sugar free mint cough drops (sore throat anyway). Or I'll do 50 jumping jacks.
The idea is not to "engage in conversation" with yourself. Just have quick ideas to move on. For me, the above helps.
Of course, if you are legitimately hungry then you need to eat wholesome, healthy food. The water, cough drops, or jumping jacks is to snap out of the desire to nosh on useless calories.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 9:04 pm
see if on your particular diet there are any free foods. while pregnant I had gestational diabetes so was on diet & there was free foods like pickles, celery, cucumbers, gum, seltzer, diet soda, mushrooms, tea....so these helped me along during meals. hatzlocha!

amother
Green

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 9:43 pm
Some tips
1. Brush your teeth. If your mouth is clean it may deter you from eating right away.

2. Paint your nails. It takes a while for the nails to dry properly.

3. Take up needlepoint or knitting. If your hands are busy you may not pick up food.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 9:45 pm
I think you have to have a more concrete reason for wanting to lose weight other than looks. For me, the biggest motivator is getting my digestion healthy, because it is a mess the second I start cheating.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 12:37 am
Don’t do it. I hope the food plan you’re on makes you feel great and helps avoid hunger. I weighed 315 at five ft two and have lost over sixty pounds on high fat low carb. Cheating begets cheating. But at least hflc makes hunger a thing you rarely experience unless you are actually hungry. Even then there are no blood sugar highs and lows so I feel great all the time. Good luck.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 12:39 am
By the way, in 8 months, I’ve not eaten one bite of carbs vegetables or grains. It can be done and without stress. But not when you are cheating all the time.

toysrus

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 6:14 am
Thanks so much.....this is just what I need
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise