Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Whole 30 burnout

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:32 am
I have been doing the whole 30 for about a year. In the beginning I lost some weight and loved it.
Now I am not really losing any more. I am kind of sick of it, but I have to lose at least another 20 lbs. I don't want to do WW or see a nutritionist again.
Should I do whole 30 and limit portions more? Should I do whole 30 and count calories?
Should I just exercise more? I am scared to eat gluten and sugar again. I used to be very out of control and I like the black and white of the whole 30.
I am seriously unsure what to do and scared that I will make a change and gain back all the weight I lost.
any ideas??

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:47 am
If the diet is working well for you and you are maintaining your loss then leave your diet as is and add exercise. Glad for you that you have come this far!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:00 am
How much weight over how long?

Curious if anyone can stay real long term? keep the weight off long term?

I've give it a few half hearted tries and need motivation to give it a god shot.

As for motivation, can't help, but exercise and smaller portion should probably help.

mandksima

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:09 pm
Crossing over to Keto may be the answer.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 5:31 pm
If it helps ww have just changed their plan. Chicken breast, eggs, beans, pulses, tofu and fish are now all free and the daily point allowance is reduced by about a third.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 6:34 pm
You sound like me. I have been doing it for two years. Also seemed to reach my plateau at a year. I am also so scared to gain back the weight so I’m continuing to follow. I know that if I exercised more I’d probably lose a little bit more. I don’t have any great advice other than vamp up the exercise; your not alone!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 6:36 pm
Raisin wrote:
If it helps ww have just changed their plan. Chicken breast, eggs, beans, pulses, tofu and fish are now all free and the daily point allowance is reduced by about a third.

How do I join and get a plan?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:51 pm
I always thought the whole 30 wasn’t meant to be a diet for losing weight rather to pinpoint foods that are bothering you(headaches, bloat etc) I didn’t think it was meant to be long term either?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:43 pm
When you say you don't want to go to a nutritionist again, can I ask why?

Nowadays, there are many talented, young nutritionists who are not like the old school ones. It's a lot more enjoyable and they customize plans and give you support which is the only thing that I found worked for me.

You need someone in it with you for the long haul and not just for the money, but it can be quite enjoyable and it takes the burden off of you. Suddenly, it's their problem to worry about your weight, not your own.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:35 pm
Raisin wrote:

What do you mean by pluses? Are veggies still free? What about fruit?

tante_feige

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
I always thought the whole 30 wasn’t meant to be a diet for losing weight rather to pinpoint foods that are bothering you(headaches, bloat etc) I didn’t think it was meant to be long term either?

This. Most people lose weight on it initially because they are cutting out all mezonos, all desserts (if you are strict, you won't eat desserts made out of compliant ingredients), procesed foods, sugary drinks (including juice), etc. It is not intended as a long-term weight loss plan.

I suggest cutting back on calories/portion control, and cutting back on carbs. I did this when weight loss stalled, and it made a big impact.

Kudos to you for taking your own health by the reigns!

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 3:42 am
amother wrote:
How do I join and get a plan?

its available online or there are meetings. I prefer online, but a lot of people like the support of the meetings.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 3:45 am
amother wrote:
What do you mean by pluses? Are veggies still free? What about fruit?

Most fruit and veggies are free also. (not avocado, potatoes, etc And not smoothies)

Pulses are lentils, beans, peas...etc. Google for the new ww plan and you should see exactly what is allowed. Things not on the plan are still allowed, you just have to keep to your points allowance.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:43 am
Whole 30 is not meant to be done long term, nor to lose weight. You cannot count calories or limit portion sizes on a Whole 30. In fact, you have to add healthy fats - and plenty of them.

Modify to something more adaptable for your needs. You can do paleo or similar to avoid reintroducing sugar and gluten, which imo you really don't need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise