Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why Post Anonymously (Anonymous Enabled)
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:47 pm
bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Well I've received a "warning" from more than one poster that based on my posts of my detailed life (not many lived a similar life to mine) they figured out who I am and perhaps I want to go as anon... guess what?! I don't care !!! My husband worries that people will figure out who I am and I keep telling him it doesn't matter. He comes from a very insecure family where every feeling and thing is private ... I don't go for that. I am not shy to air my dirty laundry and never was... I want people to know that real people struggle and real people overcome and it's nothing to be ashamed about.

Because the "warnings" that you received don't include threats to dox you, to take anything private that you may have written and tell your employers, friends and spouses.

There are people here who have serious issues, and who scare me. And so I'm going to use that anonymous button.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
Because the "warnings" that you received don't include threats to dox you, to take anything private that you may have written and tell your employers, friends and spouses.

There are people here who have serious issues, and who scare me. And so I'm going to use that anonymous button.

Oh please. Did that seriously happen or do you suffer from paranoia?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't use a public website to say anything that I regard as personal, not even anonymously.

Because so many private stories are anon, I think it is entirely possible that a small percentage are total fiction.

It's nice to be able to vent in public about bad in-laws and other evil villains but it carries a level of risk. Even the anons who are telling the truth are sometimes outed by those who recognize their complaint.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:

Anything I've written here on ima with my username I discuss IRL too. Growing up in a dysfunctional home is not a reflection of me, but of my circumstance. I don't fear people's opinions of me. Some talk behind my back and nebach me , but for the most part people think I'm amazing for what I've been through and frankly I take it as a compliment. I don't think there is anything to fear. Sharing my personal struggles with others and letting them know the real me only got me further in life. It has had a positive effect on me.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
Oh please. Did that seriously happen or do you suffer from paranoia?

So I suffer from paranoia because I post anonymously. But you post anonymously to attack me because ....

happyone

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't use a public website to say anything that I regard as personal, not even anonymously.

Because so many private stories are anon, I think it is entirely possible that a small percentage are total fiction.

It's nice to be able to vent in public about bad in-laws and other evil villains but it carries a level of risk. Even the anons who are telling the truth are sometimes outed by those who recognize their complaint.

You can't post here! This is for anonymous posters only.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:35 pm
southernbubby wrote:

I anonymously posted a question about my past divorce, and I was publicly outed by someone who knows my ex’s family. They made sure to identify me, while keeping their own identity private. I deleted the thread, but I’m still nervous to post anything about my life. My pregnancies/family issues/questions are my business, and I don’t really care if people judge me for posting anonymously. I like interacting, and but I don’t appreciate being outed. Not giving anyone a second chance at that.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:39 pm
Adding that I’m surprised that the Op of the previous thread didn’t know better than to ask this question in a forum that restricts the anonymous function. No one is going to post sensitive reasons under their screen name. Seriously, if I could do it over, I wouldn’t post anything personal, and make my username something like Ima123. But I can’t delete my multiple years of posting personal information or name that people would recognize, and so I can’t use my SN anymore.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:49 pm
I post anonymously because I have through-the-roof paranoia that, I think, nobody can ever understand. It's like I'm an alien amongst humans. On rare occasions I am able to speak a human word or sentence, and on those rare occasions I post under my sn.

When I joined the site I posted under my sn most of the time. I was quite a sociable and social person, well liked (I think), and enjoying human company of all (or most) stripes.

Then I had some pretty intense traumatic experiences in which human beings irl (not here on Ima) used personal information about me to hurt me in unmentionable ways. I developed a severe case of ptsd, ocd, paranoia, the whole kit and caboodle of non-mainstream and weird ways of being.

I now live an altered and weird existence, and as one tiny sliver of that altered existence I post anonymously on Ima. But this is small potatoes compared to the paranoia and altered existence etc. I live with in real life.

I've become allergic to criticism, allergic to dissent, allergic to anything but exquisite human kindness, which is often present here but not in a way I can reliably count on. Posting anonymously protects my very fragile aspects from criticism, dissent, etc. and from comments that would be drenched with anything but exquisite human kindness.

I think it's fair to say that posting as amother allows me the illusion of protection from perceived human harm.

Does my reply help you wrap your head around why people post anonymously?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t appreciate being outed. Not giving anyone a second chance at that.

Where's the hug button?
Oh, I found a substitute for that: Hug
Want to say, I can totally relate .

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
I anonymously posted a question about my past divorce, and I was publicly outed by someone who knows my ex’s family. They made sure to identify me, while keeping their own identity private. I deleted the thread, but I’m still nervous to post anything about my life. My pregnancies/family issues/questions are my business, and I don’t really care if people judge me for posting anonymously. I like interacting, and but I don’t appreciate being outed. Not giving anyone a second chance at that.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Indigo. I get you, completely.

Did you tell Yael what happened?

Also, if you want a fresh, unidentifiable, start here, why not ask her to create a new account under a new username.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so sorry that happened to you, Indigo. I get you, completely.

Did you tell Yael what happened?

Also, if you want a fresh, unidentifiable, start here, why not ask her to create a new account under a new username.

I don’t think I thought of it at the time. It’s a good idea though. I can ask, but I was under the impression it wasn’t allowed, in the same way that deleting all your past posts are not allowed. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t think I thought of it at the time. It’s a good idea though. I can ask, but I was under the impression it wasn’t allowed, in the same way that deleting all your past posts are not allowed. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

Yael is nothing if not nice. Under the circumstances, you never know.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 5:55 pm
I post anonymous because there are some posters that love to bite! Its there way or the highway. And they get the likes for being nasty cuz there an old timer and well liked. Go figure.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
I post anonymous because there are some posters that love to bite! Its there way or the highway. And they get the likes for being nasty cuz there an old timer and well liked. Go figure.

This. Exactly. And when called out, everyone rushes to their defense.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:21 pm
I never used to post anonymously, I never thought about it because I do my username and not my real name. But two ladies told me they know me from my posts and said to be anonymous for serious posts of problems.

But won't it be still possible for someone to know who I am even if I post anonymously of my problems? I have a problem now and want to ask advice, so I'll do it anonymously, but my neighbors know of it and won't they know me if they're here??

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:23 pm
happyone wrote:
You can't post here! This is for anonymous posters only.

The rules never apply to me.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:31 pm
I can understand if you are a Trump supporter and the liberal sharks on here will gobble you up Wink , you want to go anon to avoid the sharks but I can't understand why shopping advice, recipes, health advice, and other mundane trivia has to be anonymous.

Of course snark attacks have to be anonymous because the grandmothers here will remind you of your MIL and put you in panic mode if you try your cheeky chutzpah with us! We grandmothers are scary people when you don't like our opinions Twisted Evil You had better play it safe and go anon rather than tangle with any fierce bubbies. You have to be really brave to do that.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:36 pm
Because I have a stalker that hugs me

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
Because I have a stalker that hugs me

Me too, but unless she's hiding behind my chair I don't see why I should care.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics