Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Ground dark chicken

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 6:12 pm
I'm using up my freezer!

I have a package of ground dark chicken that I picked up on sale a few weeks ago. Any good ideas? I'd love to make some sort of daring and unusual chicken 'meat'balls. Or maybe a rockin' 'meat'loaf.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:08 pm
They're great as meatballs. You can slow cook them in the crockpot. Throw them in a great soup and simmer for 35 minutes. Or bake them Mediterranean style and serve in pitas with avocado salsa and tehina.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 8:05 pm
Patties or meat sauce for tacos.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 8:11 pm
This is yummy. Fry up some yellow and red peppers and some onions, add fresh ground garlic and salt/pepper to taste. I also added fresh chopped parsley, dill and a small hot pepper for a tiny bit of a kick but those are optional. Ground thighs are extremely fatty remember. So very juicy. No need for eggs or crumbs as binder.
I make them into patties and they are awesome and colorful! They fry beautifully but I'm sure they can be baked. Well, I didn't try baking them but I see no scientific reason it can't be baked.

They're actually dietetic if you make it from breasts and bake the finely chopped veggies. Tastes the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey