Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Kippat Barzel - with spoilers

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:16 pm
Anyone watching Kippat Barzel? I need to discuss it!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:18 pm
I do. I'm on season 2.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:55 pm
Watching the most recent episode right now Smile

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 2:22 pm
I love the acting, but I do think the show is unrealistic.

What's your favorite part?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 2:31 pm
I like the interaction between Yaakov and Leah and the fact that she is willing to proceed with him despite the Army.

etky

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 2:43 pm
If we're going to discuss this then maybe, OP, you should add a spoiler alert in the subject line? Meanwhile, I'll keep things vague....
I think the show in season 2 is even more unrealistic than in season 1: the plot itself, as well as the backdrop, I.e. the army environment and haredi +DL society.
It's also become very disturbing - actually, from season 1 already.
I also miss Aleksei, the Mem Mem. He was one of my favorite characters in season 1.
What's holding me is the romantic tension - especially between Amram + Elisheva.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 6:03 pm
etky wrote:
If we're going to discuss this then maybe, OP, you should add a spoiler alert in the subject line? Meanwhile, I'll keep things vague....
I think the show in season 2 is even more unrealistic than in season 1: the plot itself, as well as the backdrop, I.e. the army environment and haredi +DL society.
It's also become very disturbing - actually, from season 1 already.
I also miss Aleksei, the Mem Mem. He was one of my favorite characters in season 1.
What's holding me is the romantic tension - especially between Amram + Elisheva.

I agree with all that.

Also, what happened to Tamar? She's just out of the picture now?

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 6:07 pm
Why was Elisheva wearing a skirt instead of pants in the last scene with her?

Can someone explain the whole conversation about the mints?

Thanks!

saramalka

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 6:56 pm
How do I watch it

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 1:59 pm
Search for כיפת ברזל עונה 1
There are 11 shows in season 1 and 5 shows in season 2 so far.

I watch it on Daily Motion.

heidi

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 2:02 pm
The way I understood it, there only are 5 episodes in Season 2. Elisheva is wearing a skirt (presumably) bcz. she is switching bases to be able to go home every night to be there for her mother while her younger brother goes through trial and jail. I guess her mommy likes skirts better.
I was annoyed that there was no resolution of Yaakov and Leah.
The whole show was super not realistic. But it was right after masterchef so I just kept watching.

etky

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 3:12 pm
She's wearing a skirt because you have to leave the base wearing 'madey aleph' whereas on the base you wear 'madey bet' - those pants with the floppy pockets.
There are madey aleph pants and madey bet skirts but lots of religious girls prefer to wear the pants while on duty on base. It's much more comfortable and practical. When they leave base OTOH, into the general public, they will often wear the skirt.
And, as Heidi said, she is switching to a base where she can do 'yomiyot' - meaning to come home every night- so there's a good chance she will not wear the pants there at all.

etky

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 3:18 pm
heidi wrote:
The way I understood it, there only are 5 episodes in Season 2. Elisheva is wearing a skirt (presumably) bcz. she is switching bases to be able to go home every night to be there for her mother while her younger brother goes through trial and jail. I guess her mommy likes skirts better.
The whole show was super not realistic. But it was right after masterchef so I just kept watching.

So this was the last episode for this season? Oh well.
I was wondering b/c they did seem to wrap everything up. Ya'acov and Leah being the exception of course but that strand was sort of extraneous to the main action.
If there's another season I'm sure it will be picked up again where it left off.
The show held my attention which is saying alot but it was indeed ridiculously unrealistic - especially this last episode which was really sloppy.
In order to watch you had to seriously be able to 'suspend your disbelief'

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 4:12 pm
heidi wrote:

Quoted from my husband who was in the army. All the army parts, the makeup of the units type of boys in the units, drills and exercises are all extremely realistic and he was impressed! The romantic story lines I ll leave up to your discretion !! LOL LOL

etky

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 5:09 am
amother wrote:
Quoted from my husband who was in the army. All the army parts, the makeup of the units type of boys in the units, drills and exercises are all extremely realistic and he was impressed! The romantic story lines I ll leave up to your discretion !! LOL LOL

Can't speak to the issues that your husband mentioned as I don't have personal or even secondhand experience with those units or their training routines.
However - there are so many aspects of army protocol and life on an army base that are portrayed unrealistically. I suppose they had to do that to enable the plot to develop the way they intended.
For example: Elisheva was dropped from pilot training in the air force and was sent to be a Ktzinat Tash (social welfare officer) in the regular army?
Or, the way the tironim (new conscripts) move around and outside! the base in the middle of the shtachim, unhindered and unchallenged. Same with the vehicles...
Or, how Amram was conscripted just by merit of getting on the bus to the Bakum, by chance.
Or, how the ease with which they were able to pull off the weapons heist smack in the middle of the base.
Or, how Shimi was able to get inside the base and burn Elisheva's car.
Or, how Amram and Elisheva were not investigated by military police and tried for their part in the cover-up scheme, even though Amram redeemed himself at the last minute. They were both guilty of multiple offences!
That said - despite all these contrivances, I did enjoy the series and the acting as well - especially the role of Ya'acov, played by Dolev Mesika.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 6:32 pm
To add to Etky's list - How Amram was able to steal grenades and then guns way too easily.

I didn't like how they made it look like any frum person who doesn't join the army is a horrible person.

I didn't like the stereotypes of all the frum people:
- the charedi family who disowns their son for joining the army
- the chareidi boys who beat up the soldiers and steal their guns (!), but the police are too scared to punish them
- the rabbi who is a child molester
- the sefardic father who abuses his son
- the frum girl (Leah) who can't think for herself on her first date with Yaakov, although she redeems herself later when she stops following her society's "rules"
- How no one frum is actually shomer negiah all the time, as if it's not really possible

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 5:54 pm
Gur Aryeh's parents were in the middle of the cemetery? Because he's a kohen.
Also the same lady shows up to both funerals. They are completely different groups, highly unlikely.

Leah's mother wears a very open neck, not at all likely, and some of those Chassidish women don't look like they're wearing a hat over a sheitel, but a hat with some hair showing.

Oh yeah. And Yaakov's brother went out 5 times? Any EY Viznitzers here? I kinda of doubt it. I also don't imagine real Chassidim in EY meet in hotels. Beshows in the house far more likely.

Who do you suppose are the script advisors for these things? Real life people from those groups or those who've gone astray?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:15 pm
Oh, and what's with Suri'leh? It's either Sureh'leh or Suri, as far as any names I've ever heard of.

Anyone disagree?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics