Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO SOFT chocolate chip cookies recipe

toysrus

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 1:27 pm
Anyone?

mine always come out hard/crispy.

TIA

imamother153

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 2:08 pm
toysrus wrote:
Anyone?

mine always come out hard/crispy.

TIA

I make either the soft bite chocolate chip cookie from the green balabustes choice cookbook or the chocolate chip squares from the balabustes choice 2. They're both delicious. Ill sometimes substitute the chocolate pudding for vanilla pudding in the first recipe.

rgr

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 2:40 pm
Make sure to cream the margarine and sugar well before adding the rest off the ingredients

Try placing the batter in the fridge for an hour or the freezer for a half hour before baking

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 3:12 pm
Cut the cooking time. Do you want soft or chewy?

flowergirl10

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 3:14 pm
I made the chocolate chip cookies from Rene mullers cookbook. They were really soft. My husband said they started like the packaged soft bite ones

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 3:17 pm
Google levana kirshenbaum chocolate chip cookies. Follow instructions. Best recipe ever!!!

esther36

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:36 pm
I second that! Levana kirschenbaums chocolate chip cookies r the best!!! I make them all the time. I double or triple the batter and freeze in parchment paper and then defrost when I get in the mood of fresh chocolate chip cookies with no mess in under fifteen minutes:)

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:07 pm
For a soft recipe, you want to make sure at least half the sugar is brown sugar.

But most imporantly you need to watch the cooking time. When you take it out, it should not look done yet. If you wait until it looks done, they will be hard by the time they set and cool. If you take it out when it looks like it still needs a few minutes, do not try to take them off the tray immediately or they will crumble, they continue cooking thru after they're out and will be perfectly soft when they're cooled.

tovasara

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 9:27 am
Last week or the week before's Binah had a few pages all about the ingredients in choc chip cookies with lots of info and tips. all about using which sugar vs. others, margarine vs. oil, and more. Definitely worth getting your hands on.

acemom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 2:03 pm
In the case of chocolate chip cookies, I found that you cannot substitute the brown sugar with white sugar if you want the cookies to remain soft.

nameless

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 3:50 pm
This recipe always comes out soft. I forgot them in the oven more than once and they were still pretty soft!

1 c. oil
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 eggs
2 T. Cornstarch
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Preheat 375. Beat oil and sugar. Add everything else except the flour and chocolate chips. Mix in flour and then add chocolate chips. Bake 8-9 minutes until top is set.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 3:54 pm
Replacing some of the flour with oatmeal adds to the chewiness. I usually do that. Last time I added some rice crispies, that was very well received.
Add some flour to make it more cake-y.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins