Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why Post Anonymously (Anonymous Enabled)
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:37 pm
Everyone hates my regular username

Boca00

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:39 pm
amother wrote:

Why?

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:48 pm
amother wrote:

WHAT? Unless it's Osama Bin Laden, nobody here gives a flying hoot what anyone's name is!

crust

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:

The username or the posts?

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:

Get a new one! For the most part, everyone here gives everyone the freedom of having an opinion and the freedom of having options. Both IRL and anonymously. But nobody "hates" a "screen name". It's like hating a real name. You might like the name Henchy. I might like it. I might not. Do I hate Henchy? Of course not! That takes too much of an investment on my part. Live with or without it. Be brave! Be proud! And if people are accidentally rude, they're having a bad day. Or a bad life. Water off a ducks back. Nobody here is "more important" than anyone else in Hashem's eyes. I promise. No matter what they think. To Him, we are exactly alike; his children. Do u have a favorite child? Neither do I. Change your username and post proudly. I challenge anyone to hurt my feelings today. Or any day.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 9:22 pm
Because it’s the internet and I can do why I want.
Contrary to the belief of some people who still think the internet can be a safe, monitored place.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 1:12 am
I post as amother when I reveal anything personal, whether it's giving or asking for advice.

I post as amother in sensitive sections such as Intimacy because I don't feel comfortable saying things under my screen name.

I post as amother when I discuss specific things that could out me if a friend or relative read the post even if it seems innocuous to others.

I post as amother when I discuss things having to do with my volunteer work which is confidential.

I post as amother when I don't want my boss to know I'm on Imamother instead of working. Yes, she's a member. No, I don't post while I'm on the clock.

DVOM

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 6:21 am
I almost always post under my screen name. I do appreciate my anonymity, but... Maybe I'm naive, but as my screen name is not my real name, I am already 'anonymous' and I see no reason to have two layers of anonymity. Then again, I don't have many (any?) damning secrets in my life that I need to hide from people. Maybe if I did I'd feel the need to guard them better. Most of what I say on Ima I talk about with my real live friends too.

More than that though, I'm reminded of the teen who refuses to leave the house because of a pimple on her chin (Bear with me, this will hopefully make sense in the end!). Its the first thing teen sees when she looks in the mirror. Its like she is no longer a person, but a pimple, with a face attached. Everyone else though barely sees the pimple. They are far too focused on their own lives and their own cares to spend much time noticing teen's pimple. I guess my point is, I don't think amother's on here think about my posts (or anyones) as much as I think they do. These are my precious thoughts I'm putting in print, and I laugh sometimes at how seriously I take it. Do people really notice how many times a poster posts in an hour? And if they notice, do they care?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 7:44 am
DVOM wrote:
I almost always post under my screen name. I do appreciate my anonymity, but... Maybe I'm naive, but as my screen name is not my real name, I am already 'anonymous' and I see no reason to have two layers of anonymity. Then again, I don't have many (any?) damning secrets in my life that I need to hide from people. Maybe if I did I'd feel the need to guard them better. Most of what I say on Ima I talk about with my real live friends too.

More than that though, I'm reminded of the teen who refuses to leave the house because of a pimple on her chin (Bear with me, this will hopefully make sense in the end!). Its the first thing teen sees when she looks in the mirror. Its like she is no longer a person, but a pimple, with a face attached. Everyone else though barely sees the pimple. They are far too focused on their own lives and their own cares to spend much time noticing teen's pimple. I guess my point is, I don't think amother's on here think about my posts (or anyones) as much as I think they do. These are my precious thoughts I'm putting in print, and I laugh sometimes at how seriously I take it. Do people really notice how many times a poster posts in an hour? And if they notice, do they care?

I figured out two people on here.
They would be horrified to know I know who they are and that I’m reading the very personal posts they put up here thinking they’re anon.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 8:04 am
amother wrote:
They would be horrified to know I know who they are and that I’m reading the very personal posts they put up here thinking they’re anon.

But I'm confident you're smart enough to keep the info to yourself forever and not share. You may be a good detective. You may not hurt people by repeating their stories. But maybe you can empathize more with them in the future. Maybe that's why Hashem made you "figure them out"? Who knows

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 8:20 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
But I'm confident you're smart enough to keep the info to yourself forever and not share. You may be a good detective. You may not hurt people by repeating their stories. But maybe you can empathize more with them in the future. Maybe that's why Hashem made you "figure them out"? Who knows

Of course.
I just wanted to bring out the point to answer to DVMOM

crust

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 8:50 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:

Wow Jewishfoodie. What a refreshing perspective!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 8:56 am
amother wrote:

But can you really be sure? Without confirmation, no

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:33 am
amother wrote:

Huh?
Did someone tell you so?

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:38 am
amother wrote:

This makes me nervous.
I try to post mostly under my SN aside for when I mention personal information, or am asking for advice on a sensitive matter. I do it because I feel I am being me, and am connecting with actual people not with nameless people. When someone responds to me when I'm anon, it feels very different then when I'm SN.

But such posts make me nervous that I am sacrificing my anonymity, and my privacy which is really important to me.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:08 pm
I also know who someone is here. But she’s obvious. So I’m guessing she doesn’t really care.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:56 pm
Somone once asked on a whatapp group that I am on about cheap tickets and then opened a thread here under her screen name asking the same thing. She posts intimate information with her screen name. I feel so bad for her. She posts so many details and it all adds up. I really don't want to hear details of what she does in bed...

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 4:06 pm
Because I've probably posted enough info through the years to be outed by anyone with a big enough obsession to comb through my posts ( Smile though no one has outed me yet- but if they want, they can do so via pm!), I only post what I would be comfortable saying in real life.

I've only once recognized a scenario in a thread, and it was posted by amother anyway.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:39 pm
[deleted]
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics