Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you wear jewelry while sleeping?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
My jewelry is part of my body. I am very sensory too, but the opposite way--when they are off for even a minute I feel like, well, how I feel after I cut my nails--like part of my body is missing and I can't stop touching it and feeling strange. I sleep in rings on both hands, m,y watch, and leverback earrings so they don't poke me. I literally only take off my earrings for mikva. I shower with my jewelry, I back with my jewelry...my husband says he doesn't think I need to take them off when I wash since I don't mind kneading challa with them! When they get dirty I just brush them with toothpaste and a toothbrush. Necklaces are the only things I take on and off.

I am exactly like this. I am actually surprised that so many people take off their jewelry to sleep. I figured if a really sensory person like me sleeps with rings, earrings, and my watch then probably most people do. Guess not. But your post was really on the mark for me.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 9:38 pm
Jewelry is the the first thing (after my wig) that comes off when I get home. I put it all back in it’s spot in my room and don’t put anywhere else. I find rings and earrings etc uncomfortable as it can scratch me or dh (especially during sleep) and I’m scared earrings are going to break etc

observer

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:10 am
I remove all jewelry before going to sleep or showering.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:24 am
I wear my jewelry 24/7 even to the beach, to my pool, shower etc.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:40 am
All jewelry comes off at night, I cannot handle it even during the day and that's why I don't wear much jewelry. Sometimes I'll mistakenly fall asleep with my earrings and then I'll wake up in middle of the night to get rid of those bothersome itchy things.

But- I can't see how sleeping with your ring would loosen the stone any more than wearing it all day and doing daily activities with it.

happyone

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:40 am
I sleep with my rings on, anything else makes me uncomfortable. I did have my diamond fall out of prongs years ago. Jeweler said it's from always wearing and mustve knocked the prongs repeatedly . I wouldn't think bed sheets can do that.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:48 am
I don't sleep with anything but my watch. for that matter I don't do any housework with jewelry on except maybe earrings so by time I go to bed I only have watch on.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 12:38 pm
No idea if this is true but there was once a story going around about someone swallowing her ring while asleep...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 8:51 am
There's no way I'm removing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics