Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Uniform skirts for little girls

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:29 am
Where can I find a blue pleated uniform skirt for my almost seven year old?

I live far oot, but I want to get from a frum company so that it will be long enough.

Any suggestions for where I can buy online?

Eta: preferably with an elastic waist. The ones we had till now were not elastic, and I feel like she outgrew extremely suddenly. I guess adjustable waist would be okay too.

Tia!

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:36 am
Bystyles.com
They have an elastic waist and the skirts wash and dry very well. But not cheap (which is what I have found all frum uniform skirts). True to size and the pleats have stayed in very nicely

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:45 am
My daughter wears a gray pleasured skirt. I get it for her on Amazon because it’s half the price of BY styles. I’ve never have a problem with it being too short, u less she’s outgrown it. Her skirts usually last her most of the school year.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:51 am
If you have someone who can get it for you from The Man With The Truck, we had one of those. I didn't buy it (my sister did, and it didn't work for my niece so she passed it on to us) but IIRC it was much cheaper than the place I did buy my DD's skirts...It washed nicely, hung to dry and maintained the pleats.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:29 am
amother wrote:
Where can I find a blue pleated uniform skirt for my almost seven year old?

I live far oot, but I want to get from a frum company so that it will be long enough.

Any suggestions for where I can buy online?

Eta: preferably with an elastic waist. The ones we had till now were not elastic, and I feel like she outgrew extremely suddenly. I guess adjustable waist would be okay too.

Tia!

Rosenberg in BP has them but not with elastic. They are actually great skirts but they run irregular and have to be tried on in order to figure out the right size. So I'm not sure calling and asking to ship to you would be worthwhile.
(I think these are the ones that the man with the truck sells as well.)

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:32 am
ra_mom wrote:
Rosenberg in BP has them but not with elastic. They are actually great skirts but they run irregular and have to be tried on in order to figure out the right size. So I'm not sure calling and asking to ship to you would be worthwhile.

I have three from there and they all have elastic in the back only. The sizing does run wierd like a size 6 and 7 and 8 can have the same waist but different length. Other than that we're very happy with them.

unexpected

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:42 am
ra_mom wrote:
the man with the truck is Rosenberg

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:47 am
Why dont you try Engelic or Fraylich? Those are the uniform stores in Boro Park. I know for sure engleic ships, I think Fraylich too. They are both very helpful. And the skirts usually have adjustable elastic in the back, that you pull and secure with a button, so they last longer.

www.engelicuniforms.com (718) 853-6483
www.fraylichschooluniforms.com (718) 871-8253

mommyhood

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:59 am
Another fan of the 'man with the truck.' The quality is pretty good, not very different than the name brand skirts that cost double the price. The waists are not adjustable, there's only a few inches of elastic in the back.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 12:06 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Why dont you try Engelic or Fraylich? Those are the uniform stores in Boro Park. I know for sure engleic ships, I think Fraylich too. They are both very helpful. And the skirts usually have adjustable elastic in the back, that you pull and secure with a button, so they last longer.

www.engelicuniforms.com (718) 853-6483
www.fraylichschooluniforms.com (718) 871-8253

Their skirts are about $35 and OP was looking for something cheaper. The Rosenberg skirts are about $20 but need to be tried on for fit.

OP I just remembered that someone mentioned to me that Lands End has a longer uniform skirt option now. Maybe you can find a promotion code for better pricing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics