Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Mei Menuchos Monroe

glowing1

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 8:41 pm
Has anyone been there. My husband and I would like to go away for the weekend without the kids and was looking into it since it seems like an easy option for relaxing weekend. Is there someone who can share her experience? What is shabbos there like? What are the rates? Are the rooms nice? Do u get to have the meals in your room? Can we get by if we don’t speak any Yiddish? TIA!

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:35 pm
I went with Friends. It's nice but theres zero privacy unless you don't mind being cooped up in your room. It was originally built as a large private home so it's not hotel style. There are very few lounge areas and if other couples are around I wonder if you would be comfortable hanging out in the general dining area.
There's a beautiful indoor pool that has separate men/women hours. Food is homemade and really fresh and good. It's simple and clean.

glowing1

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 11:41 pm
Thank you! Anyone else?

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 12:29 am
happyone wrote:
I went with Friends. It's nice but theres zero privacy unless you don't mind being cooped up in your room. It was originally built as a large private home so it's not hotel style. There are very few lounge areas and if other couples are around I wonder if you would be comfortable hanging out in the general dining area.
There's a beautiful indoor pool that has separate men/women hours. Food is homemade and really fresh and good. It's simple and clean.

Are the rooms as large and comfortable like standard hotel rooms? Would I enjoy being there to chill will my door closed if I was looking to get away by myself for a few days? Is there anywhere to walk to if I wanted to take a walk? A shop to shop at?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 6:58 am
Bump

mommyhood

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 9:28 am
happyone wrote:

How are the meals set up, do you get a private table. Would you be willing to share how much it costs. Is it exclusively a chassidish crowd, would a litvish couple feel out of place.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
Are the rooms as large and comfortable like standard hotel rooms? Would I enjoy being there to chill will my door closed if I was looking to get away by myself for a few days? Is there anywhere to walk to if I wanted to take a walk? A shop to shop at?

7-8 min walk to few children stores on Zlotchev bakery on Preshburg and Cholcolate Decor on Quickway.

10 min walk to main shopping area in KJ.

From the main shopping center you can take a bus to Woodbury Commons Kohls Walmart Talbots.
Its $3 per way or you can take a taxi for $8-$10 pw

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:54 pm
bump

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:06 pm
Is it a kid friendly place with playgrounds or more of a couple getaway?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:15 pm
No. It's for adults only.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:06 pm
They don't allow kids. Adults only.

amother
Iris

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 11:32 pm
Bumping this up
If I’m looking to get away for a few days, not with dh. Is this a good option? Or rather a place like aim b’yisroel, Aishes chayil?

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 11:45 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
Bumping this up
If I’m looking to get away for a few days, not with dh. Is this a good option? Or rather a place like aim b’yisroel, Aishes chayil?

I recently went to la'isha for a vacation. I don't think Aim B'yisroel or eishis chayil allow to go if you didn't have a baby.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 8:42 am
Any updated information on the rooms (cleanliness & quality), food (quality & quantity), atmosphere, etc.?
Thanks.

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 5:36 am
Bump. Looking for info abt spending a shabbos there. How are the rooms? Food?

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 3:56 am
I was there many years ago. Food was simple and delicious, very Hungarian. My room was small but comfortable, 2 twin beds. We ate in the room at a tiny table and were served by a waiter.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:19 pm
Thanks, but seeking recent info.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:21 pm
Does it still exist?

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:34 pm
yes