Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Children's gastro brooklyn area-celiac

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 10:34 am
My daughter's blood test came.back positive for celiac, I was recommended to go to a gastro, does anyone have anyone they used to recommend? I need someone who will make her feel good, she does not like Drs!
My Dr office referred me to Dr. Kazlow did anyone use him
Thank you!

happyone

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 11:11 am
Dr. Kaslow is in Columbia Presbyterian.
He's ok. A bit laid back and follows the parents lead. He's committed to his patients .in same practice is Dr. Amy Defelice. For celiac she's good. She's patient and sweet for a young girl. Dr. Joseph Levy is top. He practices out of NYU. Has great experience and is very devoted. You may have a long wait getting in.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 11:45 am
Yup, Dr. Joseph Levy, I second that. And good luck. It might not be celiac but even if it turns out that it is, remember, 1 out of 133 people have celiac, so u have plenty of resources. Non gebrakts kosher lpesach is Hashem's way of hugging us! Stock up pesach time on non perishables or freezer stuff.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 12:46 pm
Ty happyone and jewish foodie
I will try to get an appt with Dr. Levy
I really appreciate ur support at this point I'm just happy to hopefully get to the bottom of her stomache pain, it really effects that beahvior and happiness

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 12:55 pm
Unsolicited advice:

If it turns out that it is CELIAC, only if you're given that diagnosis, paste a huge huge smile on ur face and even say, Yay! in front of your DD. Your attitude will be her attitude! When she asks why youre so happy, tell her because there are so many delicious new foods she's gonna be getting and you're gonna be able to buy her her own lunch kit (bento box) so u can make her lunches together. It will do wonders to help her adjust to the lifestyle change. PM me if you need any info on mainstream food that's gluten free. Good luck, good Shabbos.

P. S. Do not take her off gluten until u have a real diagnosis or the reading will be wrong.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 1:52 pm
As ur so sweet I will always take unsolicited advice as long as it's not from my mil! LOL
Honestly I think I will be really happy ! She is not herself cuz her stomache us constantly bothering her

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
As ur so sweet I will always take unsolicited advice as long as it's not from my mil! LOL
Honestly I think I will be really happy ! She is not herself cuz her stomache us constantly bothering her

You sound like a great mom! Your daughter is lucky to have you. You'll do great no matter what the result. Just chill. The reason they have never created a medication for Celiac is because there's already a cure. No gluten. That's the extent of it. And a perfectly healthy child, Baruch Hashem, with no stomach pains, no weakness, no funny stool... Thumbs Up
Good Shabbos Ima!

happyone

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 2:07 pm
What others have said. Gluten free is so common these days that there's just about everything and then some available. One of my children is gluten free. We just modify our dinners a bit to accommodate. Ingredients are just pricier for whatever reason.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 9:56 pm
Another vote for Dr Levy! He's worth the wait. My daughter's highlight of the year is when she gets to take off from school to see him. He's so kind, caring, thorough, and takes any of your concerns seriously. Don't get turned off by waiting list, get yourself in!

yidisheh mama

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 10:03 pm
Dr. Joseph Levi is top in the field. He's kind, patient and really listens to all the parents concerns. It is usually a 4 month wait to see him, but he's well worth the wait.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 10:10 pm
Another vote for Dr. Levy. once you schedule an appt. you call and ask if they have a cancellation to be moved up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics