Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando with Teenagers - need info
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
You need to do fastpass on the Disney app. This is a must!!!! Do not visit Disney parks without fastpass. They must you make appointments on the attractions, otherwise people wait for hours.

You can only book if you have the tickets beforhand.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:08 pm
I agree magic kingdom & Epcot are great for teens. Sea world is also another good choice. Maybe easier to bring along food from home.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:13 pm
flowerpower wrote:
You can only book if you have the tickets beforhand.

Yes. As soon as you get the tickets, you book. You can keep making appointments in the park as well, so whichever way, make sure you familiarize yourself with fastpass.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 9:11 pm
So no one would suggest universal studios for teenagers?
Is Magic Magic Kingdom a must if my teenagers don’t enjoy rides?

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:

No. If they don't enjoy rides, I don't think you should go to Magic Kingdom.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 9:27 pm
I did a. Quick fam trip with my kids to Orlando recently .
Magic kingdom is a classic but if your kids won't ride the rides then they may not have much to do ( shows and other attractions more kid based.) Epcot is awesome. We loved universal studios- if your family is that type. We did sea world and regretted it. Loved it when we went 9 years ago but since then everything's been toned down and more animal friendly . The shows were disappointing . We really were upset!
There's also a Harry Potter park somewhere but idk of your kids are into that. Mine were too young

groovy1224

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:

What do you mean by 'rides'? Roller coasters? Or they only want to do shows/fireworks/parades? Are they into disney characters at all?

Universal is mainly roller coasters, but it does have harry potter world if your kids are into that. If they don't like harry potter or roller coasters, skip universal for sure.

Magic kingdom is mainly rides, but not rides like at six flags. (I.e. Haunted mansion is called a ride, but it's really an experience, you just happen to be in a moving chair while going through it. There's not much in terms of motion, if that makes sense.)

Epcot is also great, and a ton to do and see, and is probably the least ride heavy of all the parks.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:05 pm
So we did Epcot today... it was amazing... just what my teenagers like...
where do we go tomorrow? Is there anything similar to Epcot... what’s the best choice for teenagers who don’t care for scary rides...?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 9:50 pm
Magic kingdom, fun for all ages

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 9:51 pm
Magic Kingdom is the main park. They have many rides that even infants can go on. Most are not scary rides.

benny

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:24 pm
Many of the rides in magic kingdom are actually experiences. Happens to be moving, but not major rides.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:27 pm
Update:

So we just came back from an amazing two days in Orlando. We ended up doing Epcot and Universal, and both were excellent choices for my teens. We covered nearly all of the 3D/4D interactive “experiences” in both parks. Fastpass in Epcot was amazing, free and helped us experience so much the park had to offer. Was disappointed in the cost of Universal’s “fastpass”. We opted out of that and did end up waiting an hour on one of their lines and between 5-25 minutes on others. Epcot’s world showcase was overrated IMVHO. It’s just a whole bunch of restaurants and overpriced merchandise. We never found the kosher food within Epcot 😬😜. We did end up watching a couple of quick street shows while walking from one end of the world showcase to the other, so it wasn’t a total waste of time. Uber was extremely convenient and very fast. It was super cheap too....
Overall an amazing mini vacation with my girls...

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. As soon as you get the tickets, you book. You can keep making appointments in the park as well, so whichever way, make sure you familiarize yourself with fastpass.

Yes, fastpass was great but you definitely should know the ins and outs of it. For example, you can start off by booking three experiences, but you can’t book any more before you complete the first three, and then you can only book one at a time. So it’s best to first book the experiences you “have to” do, and book it at the earliest time possible. If you have a later time booked, you won’t be able to book any more beyond the first three. So get in the “best” experiences early in the day, so you will have fastpass clear to book others after the first three are done. I hope the above is clear.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics