Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Source Li'olam Hashem Dvarcha Nitzav Bashamayim?

mazeltov

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:18 pm
"li'olam Hashem Dvarcha Nitzav Bashamayim"

Can someone please remind me where I can find this passuk in a siddur or tehillim or tanach or anywhere?

Thank you

Lizzie4

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:19 pm
Yom Kippur Davening

mazeltov

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:21 pm
Lizzie4 wrote:
Yom Kippur Davening

Thanks, can you remind me where exactly to find it?

someone

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:33 pm
Its a passuk in Tehilim. In the lamed paragraph of 119 (if you know what I mean. Its that enormous perek in the order of the alef bet)

mazeltov

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:51 pm
Thank you for your help! I found it now

http://www.chabad.org/library/.....#v=89

cbsp

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 12:02 am
I thought the source was Agent Emes. I think the one where the Rebbeim are kidnapped.

just kidding Very Happy

cbsp

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 9:19 am
mazeltov wrote:
Lol I know you're joking but was this passuk said there?, and if so, were they saying a dvar Torah or insight on it, were they randomly saying tehillim, or did they say this passuk as a segulah or meant to say in specific situations? Was it said when they were missing or found? Was it at a time of acceptance of a scary situation, or thanking Hashem for being saved, or asking for help?

I'm wondering if anyone has insight or dvar torah about this passuk and why its said on yom kippur.

So in Agent Emes (and someone please correct me if I'm mixing up the episodes), there are strange earthquakes going on. Agent Emes goes to Tov Meod headquarters where he's taught by Chacham that the possuk means that literally (or at least al pi kabballah), Hashem's "Word" is holding up the Shomayim - keeping the world going 'round and stable. Dr. Lo Tov kidnapped the Rebbeim and teachers so no Jewish children (at least not in Shpittsburgh) were learning Torah. The world kept destabilizing until the kids decided they needed to learn Torah in their own. And then Agent Emes saved the day.

So maybe the idea to say that possuk is similar to the "ain od milvado" one - an acknowledgement that Hashem is the one running and holding up the world...

Last edited by cbsp on Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

cbsp

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 9:22 am
That's weird. How did I end up quoting a post that's not there?

mazeltov

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:23 pm
cbsp wrote:
That's weird. How did I end up quoting a post that's not there?

It was there but I deleted It before I saw your response.
I thought that maybe it would seem like I'm asking too much about it, although I was very interested in hearing any insights or divrei torah about it.

Thank you so much for explaining.

A rebbetzin advised saying this passuk multiple times every day so I was interested in hearing more insight.

Thanks!

mammale

Post Fri, Jan 19 2018, 3:41 pm
This Pasuk is explained according to the Baal Shem tov in Tanya. Basically as cbsp explained. Cute story.. here is a link.

http://www.chabad.org/library/.....1.htm

I am curious - but only answer if you are comfortable - for what saying this Pasuk was advised? Is it simply as a reminder that Hashem is is constantly creating the world? Is it a segula for something?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics