Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
A New Approach to Address the Shidduch Crises

Yael

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 4:06 am
Every day, Jewish singles around the world search for their perfect matches. On Tu B’Shvat, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, hundreds of lomdim will embark on a 24-hour quest to complete shas for the zchus of helping Klal Yisroel’s singles find their basherts.

Founded by the Chicago Chesed Fund under the leadership of HaRav Shmuel Fuerst, Shas For Shidduchim gives individuals an opportunity to sponsor a daf for $100 on behalf of finding a shidduch for one’s self, friend or family member. The national campaign invites and encourages shidduch-seekers from around the country to join in the day’s zchusim.

All proceeds will be donated exclusively for the mitzvah of hachnosas kallah, helping ease the financial burden for kallahs.

The power of Limud HaTorah and the auspicious day of Tu B’Shvat offers many zchusim for singles looking to find their perfect match. Tefilas and resources for this can be found on ShasForShidduchim.org, including endorsement from the Ben Ish Chai.

What greater zchus is there than Limud HaTorah and to utilize its powers to help singles find shidduchim,” said HaRav Shmuel Fuerst, founder of the Chicago Chesed Fund, the organization producing this new initiative.

To sponsor a daf, click here.

Sponsored Post

mirror

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:36 am
I have a different approach. Let's stop talking about which side has money.

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:36 pm
My suggestion is that they should do this in conjunction with an actual tu b'av event for singles. Zechus of torah learning and hishtadlus hopefully would yield results.

thanks

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 4:26 am
Not a new approach. Learning and davening is as old as Judaism itself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics