Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
New Tenants-Newlyweds

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 6:34 pm
My new tenants will be newlyweds. They will be getting married in a few weeks. How do I make the entrance way and stairway to their apartment wedding festive and what is a nice gift for them to leave outside their apartment door? I'm thinking wine and chocolates in a basket? (This is a 3 family house in Brooklyn) and I want them to return from their wedding to a pretty place that is joining in their excitement. Don't want to be intrusive either, so very low key.... All ideas welcome!!!!! Signs? Rose petals???

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
My new tenants will be newlyweds. They will be getting married in a few weeks. How do I make the entrance way and stairway to their apartment wedding festive and what is a nice gift for them to leave outside their apartment door? I'm thinking wine and chocolates in a basket? (This is a 3 family house in Brooklyn) and I want them to return from their wedding to a pretty place that is joining in their excitement. Don't want to be intrusive either, so very low key.... All ideas welcome!!!!! Signs? Rose petals???

If you want to give them a gift, that is beautiful. Our landlady gifted us with a silver challah knife and board. It was so unexpected and so beautiful of her.
Please stay away from decorating hallways or leaving personal gifts like rose petals and chocolates. It is not your place and will come across as intrusive. It can make the couple super uncomfortable in their own home. If the chosson wants his wife to have a romantic evening, he will set up the rose petals himself behind the privacy of his apartment door.

Raw

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 6:45 pm
A gift is really nice. Rose petals or anything else that is romantic is awkward.

ETA: fresh flowers in a vase is fine.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 6:48 pm
Giving a gift is nice and very thoughtful. Don't decorate it comes off as way to intrusive for my personal taste.
When I got married we moved into a partially furnished apt of someone's and our landlord gave us a nice tablecloth that actually fit our table then 😉 As the table came with the apt and she knew the size of the table.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 6:55 pm
Are they coming to the apartment right after the wedding?

Think breakfast the next morning/afternoon.
Maybe a nice coffee maker/hot water urn/tea kettle, mugs(they make bride and groom mugs), coffee, tea assortment, long lasting boxed milk, some crackers and cookies. Everything toiveled and ready to use.

You can put it all in a big box nicely gift wrapped with a note welcoming them to their new home and new life.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 7:00 pm
There may be an issue with toiveling something for someone else? Has anyone heard this? Sorry to be so vague but I'm not sure...

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
Are they coming to the apartment right after the wedding?

Think breakfast the next morning/afternoon.
Maybe a nice coffee maker/hot water urn/tea kettle, mugs(they make bride and groom mugs), coffee, tea assortment, long lasting boxed milk, some crackers and cookies. Everything toiveled and ready to use.

You can put it all in a big box nicely gift wrapped with a note welcoming them to their new home and new life.

This was done for me only real milk and cream was provided along with homemade goodies and cut fruit. We were given breakfast nosh and a few staples in the fridge. It was a lovely gesture. My new neighbor and my close friend both did this on their own.

Won't the newlyweds have their own new things for the kitchen?

amother
White

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 7:20 pm
Our upstairs neighbors made a really pretty sign to hang on our front door that read "Welcome home, Mr. and Mrs. Xxxxxxx" It was sweet and simple, and I loved it.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 7:33 pm
these are your tenants? Keep it professional. A gift is fine - but nothing personal or overly friendly (and certainly nothing in their fridge).

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 1:11 pm
Your idea of wine and chocolate in a basket is very nice! A heartfelt mazel tov and invitation to come over for anything they need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics