Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do these cities have orthodox Jewish communities? How big?
Previous  1  2

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:46 am
I just ran a fundraiser for a specific organization and someone from Madison, WI donated. I believe it’s primarily a Kiruv community (ie- most of the families live there are working for kiruv organizations), but my understanding is that Chabad has been fairly successful in building up the Jewish community amongst the non-student population.
If you PM me, I can get you the name of the person in Madison. I don’t think Madison is too far from Milwaukee, and it cant be more than a few hours from
Chicago.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:57 am
Is there a compelling reason to choose Royal Oak, MI over the nearby frum community in Oak Park and Southfield?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:55 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Is there a compelling reason to choose Royal Oak, MI over the nearby frum community in Oak Park and Southfield?

possibly needs to walk to Beaumont hospital on Shabbos

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 11:20 am
southernbubby wrote:
possibly needs to walk to Beaumont hospital on Shabbos

Sound assumption but hasn't been confirmed. No minyan that I know of besides Chabad, not at all near the hospital.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 11:28 am
A friend of a friend lives in the Orthodox community of Richmond, so its got to exist.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
Do these locations have orthodox Jewish communities, and how many orthodox families in each, what is the community like?

Albuquerque NM

http://www.chabadnm.org/templa.....s.htm

Call Chabad of Albuquerque to inquire about the community. My neighbor lives there most of the year. 505-880-1181

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:22 pm
Columbus isn't tiny, but the frum community isn't as large as the broader Jewish community. Lexington is about 1-1.5 hours away from Cincinnati which has a decent sized community.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:43 pm
Galveston, TX has nothing but is about an hour drive from Houston which has a beautiful thriving community.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:19 pm
Why OP? What are you looking for?

brkn

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 9:59 pm
Chapel Hill/Durham has Chabad and an Orthodox minyan that meets in the Conservative shul. The only Jewish school option is Lerner - not Orthodox at all. It's possible to be Orthodox there, but not very easy. There are no kosher restaurants, no eruv, etc. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating