Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
12 Turpin Children Chained to Beds and Starved for 17 Years
Previous  1  2  3  4

rgr

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 12:22 pm
What about the person who bought the house in Texas after the Turpins left.
It was covered in filth and obvious that something wasn't right.

smile12345

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 12:30 pm
rgr wrote:
What about the person who bought the house in Texas after the Turpins left.
It was covered in filth and obvious that something wasn't right.

He bought it after it went into foreclosure. Although in a terrible dirty condition (enough that he thought to take plenty of photos and videos of it), apparently it had already been partly cleaned by the time he bought it. Saying that though -

-A neighbour saw it at its worst after they left - full of excrement and dead cats and dogs.
-Someone must have arranged to get it cleaned and saw all this as well.

Yes, I know many details. I've been reading up all about it since I can't get it out of my mind...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 1:20 pm
sirel wrote:
But their faces look so misshapen and weird, no?
Or is it just me?

Yes their faces do look malnourished.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 4:54 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I looked at a picture and the 29 year olds face looks very bad. Mishappen and sunken in. She actually looks the worst.

This. Look at their eyes!
Don't let the smile fool you.

Those poor poor poor souls. I hope they can rehabilitate enough to actually have a normal happy productive and functional lives.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 4:58 pm
This is horrific!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:40 pm
The latest news is that their uncle will adopt them.

http://www.insideedition.com/t.....40105

Quote:
An uncle of the 13 children who were allegedly chained up tortured by their own parents in the California house of horrors says he wants to adopt them.

While Dr. Randy Turpin intends to take care of his brother's children, who were reportedly found emaciated and chained up in the house, authorities want to talk to him about whether he knew about past abuse in the home, CBS News reported.

Dr. Turpin, the president of Valor Christian College in Ohio, a fiery megachurch preacher and faith healer. He is currently on leave from the school, to handle “revelations about estranged family members,” according to a statement from the college provided to the New York Post.

A message left for Dr. Turpin by InsideEdition.com was not returned Wednesday.

His brother is David Turpin, the dad who is accused, along with his wife Louise, of torturing and starving his 13 children.

A photo shows Randy at Disneyland with his brother and the kids in 2011. He posted the photo online writing: “A memory that I will hold to for the rest of my life. It was so great being with you guys."

Ironically, Randy Turpin is also the author of a book that recommends 21 days of prayer and fasting to “help bring a person to a place of personal freedom."

Meanwhile, authorities are moving to split up the family. The seven adult children are moving into an assisted living facility Wednesday.

The six youngsters will move into two different foster homes Thursday.

Another relative, Louise Turpin's sister Teresa Robinette, says the children should be cared for by her side of the family.

“If these children go into foster care, that's the worst case scenario,” she told Inside Edition. “We would like to get family members of ours together to make sure that each one of these kids is placed with a blood family member. That way even if they are scattered they would still be with our family and they would still have a connection for life.”

The parents of the 13 children have pleaded not guilty to the charges against them.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:59 pm
I'd like to find a way to not sound snarky in saying this:

There are often posts on imamother about abuse/neglect and when people (like me) suggest calling the authorities, there's a huge amount of pushback because the children could be "lost" to the non-frum world.

Abuse does happen in our communities. Where do the priorities lie? Getting the children kosher food or leaving them in the abusive home?

Just thoughts, not meant to cause a riot.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:56 pm
Where were the grandparents aunts uncles etc

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:33 am
amother wrote:
Where were the grandparents aunts uncles etc

I have no grandparents, nor siblings. It's really not as black and white as this.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics