Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at home jobs that's with a computer, limited phone?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:57 am
I'm looking for a work at home job and it hasn't been easy to find one. I think I could work as a costumer service representative, but I prefer without (or limited) phone conversations. Are there any work at home jobs as chat agents? (where I could basically just work on my computer and chat online or write emails).

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:59 am
I believe most those jobs are outsourced to India..

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 10:01 am
chocolatecake wrote:
I believe most those jobs are outsourced to India..

If you want to move to Bangladesh, there will be many opportunities.
I find more and more companies outsourcing and it drives me crazy!! Almost impossible to find English speaking customer service reps.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 10:02 am
Ok, any idea of other work at home jobs I could look for that doesn't require a lot of speaking on the phone? I mean, I still have a toddler in the house so I can't talk on the phone with some noise in the background. I know I can work on the computer while the toddler is busy playing and taking his nap. I'm not an outstanding writer, so I'm not looking for a writer/editor job.

mazeltov

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 10:20 am
you might find a job like that on

upwork.com

or

fiverr

or

freelancer.com

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
Ok, any idea of other work at home jobs I could look for that doesn't require a lot of speaking on the phone? I mean, I still have a toddler in the house so I can't talk on the phone with some noise in the background. I know I can work on the computer while the toddler is busy playing and taking his nap. I'm not an outstanding writer, so I'm not looking for a writer/editor job.

There are work from home jobs like you are describing for amazon and apple and similar, but they require you to treat it like a regular office job with set hours and they specify that you will have to have a dedicated office to work in with no distractions. If you have a toddler around the house, you cant honestly tell them that you can put in 5 hours (or so) of undisturbed work. Jobs dont typically allow you to clock in and out when you have an hour here, 30 mins there.

I’m actually looking to hire a book keeper/ data entry person for a part time position. But when someone tells me that they want to work remotely before they’ve ever stepped foot in the door and built trust between the boss and the office and themselves, its a red flag. What is the reason they cant work from the office? In your case, its a child who needs your attention. But the job needs it too and its not fair to the work.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 12:42 pm
If you're interested in transcription, you can PM me.
Generally, it's flexible hours as long as you meet deadlines.
No talking. Just typing.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 12:46 pm
maybe selling on amazon

real israeli

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 12:57 pm
watergirl wrote:
There are work from home jobs like you are describing for amazon and apple and similar, but they require you to treat it like a regular office job with set hours and they specify that you will have to have a dedicated office to work in with no distractions. If you have a toddler around the house, you cant honestly tell them that you can put in 5 hours (or so) of undisturbed work. Jobs dont typically allow you to clock in and out when you have an hour here, 30 mins there.

I’m actually looking to hire a book keeper/ data entry person for a part time position. But when someone tells me that they want to work remotely before they’ve ever stepped foot in the door and built trust between the boss and the office and themselves, its a red flag. What is the reason they cant work from the office? In your case, its a child who needs your attention. But the job needs it too and its not fair to the work.

I would love a job like that which you describe - data entry/bookkeeping part time. I've done it in the past - working from home. The reason I want to work from home is because I still have a toddler home with me. However, it does not detract from the quality of my work - because I only work during naptime and at night when my kids are asleep. So I worked odd hours but the job got done in a timely fashion and I produced quality work. So another way to look at it is that I can't work in an office because I cannot keep traditional office hours. But you can ask my boss (I stopped working a year ago when my toddler took up too much time and I couldn't give my job my all - by now I would be happy to work again) - the work I produced was of much higher quality than that of the other employee that worked there - and she only worked from the office traditional hours.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 3:03 pm
OP here....

I feel the same as the poster above. Even though I have a toddler at home, I'd be working mostly when he takes a nap (and that's a 2 hour nap usually) and during the evenings when my kids asleep. I know if I'd have a work at home job, I'd be very serious about it just like any other job. I'm not sure what you require for your book keeper job. I've done some administrative assistant work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers