Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Breakfasts little kids can serve themselves
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 4:45 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Op, even if your 3 year old doesn't climb on counters today, maybe he will tomorrow. You can never know when he'll decide to shlep a chair over & explore the cabinets...

As I said, my apartment is tiny and if he decides to schlep a chair I hear him and I'm out of my bed in a half an instant. Besides, he has some physical delays which won't allow him to do that. We'll reassess as time goes on.
As for the oven/stove, he's scared to touch it because he once got a tiny burn (in front of my eyes).

lucky14

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 8:53 pm
I haven't read through all the replies but in case no one has mentioned this yet: can you put the milk in a cup in the fridge so your child doesn't have to pour from the whole carton (are they able to open up the fridge)? Set the cereal out on the table with a bowl? (or even already have it in the bowl with a cover over it).

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 2:15 am
you can freeze milk in small bottles. Leave frozen bottle of milk on table in evening, in morning it will be defrosted and still cold and fresh.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 2:40 am
Please can you post your healthy breakfast muffin recipes Tia

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 6:41 am
My three year old is a very cautious child yeti would never leave her alone while sleeping. No way no how. Not happening. A child is a child and they are not to be trusted.

Op you mentioned your child has physical disabilities, you need to make that extra judgement and know that with kids they are not reliable at that age.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 6:50 am
amother wrote:
Wow what a bash fest for a simple question.

Thanks FF. So first of all, if I can even sleep, it's not rem sleep. I wake at the slightest noise ds makes. Second, most of the time I'm just laying in bed in a semi asleep state. It's the getting out of bed that's my issue more than wanting to sleep.

Chill, everyone. My child is 200% safe. No knives, scissors, meds, detergents, or even the markers or pens are in his reach. He can't climb counters. He has a strong independent streak, even if I do come out to give him breakfast he wants to do everything by himself.
And he's within 20 feet of me at all times.

Oh no, I didn't mean for you to take it that way at all! My comment wasn't directed at you in particular. I have no idea how you sleep, and you sound very on top of things. No bashing, I promise!

I know parents who will yell like angry bears if their little kids wake them up. What if the kid smells smoke, or finds the front door open downstairs? If the kids are afraid to make mom or dad angry, they will just go hide in their rooms. Again, not saying that YOU would do this!

DD used to wake me up for Every. Little. Thing. She was mostly just bored, but she also didn't know the difference between an emergency and an annoyance.

"There is a fly in my room" was the same level of emergency as "The house is on fire." I had to teach her what was important, and what could wait a little bit.

Are you bleeding?
Is there a fire?
Is there a bad guy in the house?
Are you being eaten by dingoes?
YES, WAKE ME UP!

Is there a special guest on Barney this morning? No, I do NOT need to know that at 6am. LOL
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers