Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen is basically meat only. Advice for a dairy blender?
Previous  1  2

kjb

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 4:18 am
I’m not the sort who says you should go rushing to your LOR for every minor issue but in this case perhaps you should because you seem quite stressed and confused about the Halacha of kashrus. Being a new bt young couple Is stressful enough and you clearly don’t have the generous financial resources to indulge in ‘top of the range’ domestic kashrut solutions. Be easy on yourself - you’re doing a great job of living a Torah life with all its challenges! Ask a sympathetic rabbi what the simplest most convenient work around is, given the fact that you’re clearly quite anxious and struggling with many new halachic concepts. Then relax.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 5:35 am
I would also consult with a rav. I think (and my husband agrees) that it is okay to rinse the blender cup in your clean meat sink in not too hot water using a separate sponge. But definitely ask, and also about making salad dressings.

nachlaot

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 11:17 am
we asked a rav. he said that if we rinse the blender with cold water, the sink will still be a meat sink.

we really don't have a good grasp on how to answer the harder kosher questions ourselves. we get the principles (hot/cold, sharp, etc.), but it's hard to apply them and we feel dumb running to the rav every time. it's also frustrating because the legit online sources (aish, chabad, halachipedia, etc.) have much more stringent than a number of kosher questions we've asked various shtark rabbis.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 11:29 am
If you want to learn the halachos more in depth why not sign up for partners in torah?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 11:52 am
Didn’t read the whole thing.
When you are ready to clean the nutribullet,
1. Make sure there is nothing in the sink.
2. Clean the cup using cold water. Have a dairy sponge.
3. Clean sink with cold water.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen