Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to give to show my appreciation

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:16 pm
I was out a car for over a week and a neighbor lent me a car. Granted its a car that they don't use, but they graciously let us use it for as long as we needed it. It was a huge chesed and I really want to show my appreciation. A nice note will go along with the gift.
Any ideas of what to get them?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:23 pm
A hanger or phone holder for the car

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:45 pm
Voucher for petrol (gas) if there is such a thing, assuming they have another car they do use.

singleagain

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:55 pm
Here are some lists of cute car products. Maybe you'll either be inspired or like one of these ideas

37 Gifts For People Who Spend Most Of Their Time In Their Car https://www.buzzfeed.com/yiyan.....EYVW3

17 Gifts That’ll Make Rush Hour Traffic A Pleasant Experience https://www.buzzfeed.com/terri.....aO2oE

17 Amazingly Useful Things To Keep In Your Car At All Times https://www.buzzfeed.com/saman.....GxBgD

There are more lists. I'd suggest googling "Buzzfeed car gifts". If you want to browse more

Miri7

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 6:09 pm
You can always bring them a cake, treats for Shabbat, or a nice houseplant.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 7:59 pm
OP here, if you were the went who lent out a car- would you rather something for the car? or something along the lines of flowers/dessert for shabbos etc?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 8:55 pm
Both gestures are very nice. It shows that you appreciated what they did. Either one goes...

devash1

Post Fri, Feb 02 2018, 1:33 am
My neighbor used our parking spot for their Construction. Not exactly a car but they brought over a simple dish, which I regifted, with a very nice note. I can honestly say that the note made me feel very appreciated. It goes a long way to keep that nice neighborly relationship.

mame1

Post Fri, Feb 02 2018, 2:02 am
I would get a gift certificate to somewhere you know they like to go to eat or shop.

emunahmother

Post Fri, Feb 02 2018, 2:06 am
That was very gracious of them and I agree with the other posters of sending a note with something special for shabbos. Maybe a chocolate/candy platter or even something simpler like a cake or cookies. The thought it what counts and when attached with a note it brings it up another level!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics