Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Freeda or Milano emergency, willing to pay

elak

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 4:25 pm
I'm getting a $1200 gift certificate to spend on a new sheitel and have to choose ASAP between Freeda and Milano, I'm planning to add a bit of my own money so I can count on having about $1500-$1800 total including any additional services (cutting, coloring, baby hair etc.) Which one is better and why? Please, need help and quickly. Btw, I'm totally clueless, when it comes to sheitlach and only have moderately bad experience ( all 25 years of it), though, I had never spent anything even remotely close to that amount. If youare a sheitelmacher who has knowledge and experience enough to be of assistance, I'm willing to pay for it, I can't take another disappointment with a sheitel

elak

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 3:05 pm
Up

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 3:55 pm
I have had a good experience with a Freeda wig, but it was a good number of years ago. One of my dd's got a Milano that she wore/wears for school and work (long days) and it has held up very well for a few years.

I mainly want to point out that your shaitel macher (and the manufacturer in turn) should stand behind whichever wig you buy, so that if there is a problem, you are covered. As you are making this major purchase you should ask the seller what their warranty policy is, and make sure you are comfortable with that.

Enjoy your new hair :-)

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 4:01 pm
Milano wigs are either really nice, or horrible and frizzy. I have one of each. Milano is also known to have terrible customer service.

I have only heard good things about Freeda. Contact them and see what their policies are.

Enjoy your new look! Lady

elak

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 4:45 pm
Thanks a lot for your responses, not only I have to make a decision quickly, I live overseas and would only be in the US for just a week, definitely not enough time to see if it's a good one. Dealing with issues long distance isn't an easy thing to do and I'm trying to avoid it. BH, I found a sheitelmacher to go with me, so I'm much relieved .

reality mom

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 4:49 pm
Freeda!

tichellady

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:00 pm
Milano has the worst Custowmr service, avoid!

mango

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:08 pm
I'm not a sheitel Macher or any expert by any stretch of the imagination. I can tell you my personal experience though.
I started off with 2 milanos a pony one for the weekdays and a long one for shabbos. I wore the pony one for about 18 months - 2 years every day besides shabbos yom tov it's held up pretty well but started balding at the part and had oxidized significantly (I'm a blonde) by then. It was low maintenance straight sheitel I washed and dried with a hot brush myself right after I washed it I was able to wear it down for a few days but it didn't last long down nice and as soon as I put it back in a pony I couldn't wear it down again until I washed it next.
Anyways I replaced it with a short Freeda for about 1500 maybe a little cheaper bc if I recall correctly they had a sale going on when I got it. I had it cut into a cute bob and I love it, I have been wearing every day besides shabbos yom tov for around 6 years and it's still going strong no balding or thinning. I had it dyed about a year ago due to oxidation but its still going strong and has plenty of life left.
My long Milano I only wore shabbos yom tov so that lasted me longer probably about 3 years but when I finally got myself a new shabbos one it was very very oxidized had thinned out considerably and the hair didn't feel so good anymore.
So basically Freeda is more expensive but much better hair quality in my experience. Your budget will only get you a short Freeda most probably your money will go further with a milano but you get what you pay for... I really liked my milanos but they were not as durable as my Freeda (And Clary that I replaced my shabbos one with)
One last point. Chof beis Shevat is coming up next week when they have the international Chabad convention for shluchas. Both milano and Freeda usually have sales then so if you are local to crown heights it might be worth looking into.
I hope this long drasha helped you and I would be happy to try answer other questions you may have Smile

elak

Post Fri, Feb 02 2018, 1:52 am
mango wrote:
I'm not a sheitel Macher or any expert by any stretch of the imagination. I can tell you my personal experience though.
I started off with 2 milanos a pony one for the weekdays and a long one for shabbos. I wore the pony one for about 18 months - 2 years every day besides shabbos yom tov it's held up pretty well but started balding at the part and had oxidized significantly (I'm a blonde) by then. It was low maintenance straight sheitel I washed and dried with a hot brush myself right after I washed it I was able to wear it down for a few days but it didn't last long down nice and as soon as I put it back in a pony I couldn't wear it down again until I washed it next.
Anyways I replaced it with a short Freeda for about 1500 maybe a little cheaper bc if I recall correctly they had a sale going on when I got it. I had it cut into a cute bob and I love it, I have been wearing every day besides shabbos yom tov for around 6 years and it's still going strong no balding or thinning. I had it dyed about a year ago due to oxidation but its still going strong and has plenty of life left.
My long Milano I only wore shabbos yom tov so that lasted me longer probably about 3 years but when I finally got myself a new shabbos one it was very very oxidized had thinned out considerably and the hair didn't feel so good anymore.
So basically Freeda is more expensive but much better hair quality in my experience. Your budget will only get you a short Freeda most probably your money will go further with a milano but you get what you pay for... I really liked my milanos but they were not as durable as my Freeda (And Clary that I replaced my shabbos one with)
One last point. Chof beis Shevat is coming up next week when they have the international Chabad convention for shluchas. Both milano and Freeda usually have sales then so if you are local to crown heights it might be worth looking into.
I hope this long drasha helped you and I would be happy to try answer other questions you may have Smile

Thank you very much

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Feb 02 2018, 7:18 am
Freeda! Mine lasted for many years. I was surprised.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels