Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dentists: Abitbol/leibowitz/yablonowich

queen76

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:15 am
Im looking for a new dentist in bp/flatbush area. I got these three names.
Dr lionel abitbol
Dr eric lebowitz
Dr gerold yablonowich.
Now I have to narrow it down and decide.
I have kids in all age ranges.
I also dont have insurance so need a debtist that is very good but not crazy expensive.
Any input would be appreciated.

gold21

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:24 am
Abitbol is great, I would definitely recommend.

I'm not familiar with the others

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:29 am
Dr. Leibowitz

I also don’t have insurance, and I chose him because his prices are very reasonable. He is also very nice and trustworthy and a great dentist Smile

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:55 am
I had Yablonovich as a kid I loved him! He fixed my root canals, he would make jokes as he did it and he even gave me a dollar for ice cream (circa 1998) Wink

queen76

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:50 pm
Thanks all for responding.
Ok so how do I choose btwn these 3 dentists.
Thought I would narrow it down.
Need help deciding....

gold21

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:13 pm
Maybe call for pricing
And find out how flexible their hours are
That will help you narrow it down

Shoshana37

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:43 pm
I didn’t like Dr Leibowitz. He told me to take my daughter to the Maimonides hospital to remove 10 teeth with cavities. I ended up taking her to another dr on W and ocean ave he took care of her in 3 visits with our removing any teeth cause she was only 4.

real israeli

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 6:34 pm
Deleted. OP saw my answer and I don't want to leave negative information about anyone up for no reason

Last edited by real israeli on Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

queen76

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 7:41 pm
Ok so any one else with positive or neg experience w/ abitbol?
Is he reasonable?
Ease of appointments?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 2:09 pm
Abitbol used to work on Ezra medical. I would not use him. He's gentle but not honest and uses the new type of filling and it's terrible. He once told me I have ten cavities turned out I went elsewhere and I had 3 small ones. The on,y thing is he's gentle. I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot poll

Yablanowtz I used to go as a kid, he's great!

Queen18

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 2:39 pm
Both my kids and I see Dr. Liebowitz and we have been happy.

He is able to work quickly which is great for the kids and I don't find that he recommends unnecessary treatments which I think a lot of dentists are guilty of.

I pay out of pocket for myself and he is relatively affordable.

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
Abitbol used to work on Ezra medical. I would not use him. He's gentle but not honest and uses the new type of filling and it's terrible. He once told me I have ten cavities turned out I went elsewhere and I had 3 small ones. The on,y thing is he's gentle. I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot poll

Yablanowtz I used to go as a kid, he's great!

Can u elaborate? I had a very different experience with him. (This was probably give or take 6 years ago, so it's not current info)

Many dentists use the new type of filling. I mean, maybe that was protocol in Ezra Medical Center, may not have been his personal preference (or maybe it was- I have no idea)

All I can say is, I had bad tooth pain and two (not very good) dentists that I tried (they took my insurance, but I don't think they were very good dentists) said it was nothing, which honestly reflected very poorly on them (the fact they they told me I had less cavities didn't make me very happy since I actually did have cavities and they missed it) and eventually I went to Abitbol and he poked around for a while and discovered that it was a bad cavity, but a very weird one, like the cavity formed at the bottom of my tooth on the side right against the gumline, not on the top like a typical cavity would. He fixed the cavity for me, and I am grateful to him. I was in so much pain before he helped me out. The tooth pain was sooo bad.

Also, he was probably on a set salary at Ezra Medical Center so would have gained nothing by inventing imaginary cavities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries