Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Would you do this?
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:54 am
MiriW wrote:
I am looking for a new "weekday" Sheitel, and I have a max budget of $1000 US. I called a Sheitel macher who I have bought from before and trust, to see if she had anything in that price range, although I was not hopeful since she normally only sells higher end. She said that in the past she has ordered in a new item direct from the manufacturer in china and sold it to customers at cost - meaning for $1000. The line that she would order from is high end - $2500 + and she would benefit by giving it to me at cost since she would be able to see the new item and decide if she wants to sell it. The drawback for me is that I have to agree to take the Sheitel once she orders it. She said that she has ordered from this particular manufacturer before and the Sheitels were amazing. And in the past when she has done this for customers they have not been unhappy.

Would you do this?

My husband is very hesitant. But he also wants me to get a good Sheitel, despite the fact that our budget is low. Also I am sensory, so he is mostly hesitant that I wouldn't be able to try it on first.

Advice please!

She's in the business, but not willing to risk $1000 (although its probably less, as others have said) to check out this product. If she's not willing to take the risk, why should you?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 10:23 am
SixOfWands wrote:
She's in the business, but not willing to risk $1000 (although its probably less, as others have said) to check out this product. If she's not willing to take the risk, why should you?

I agree, this is the part that doesn't make sense.
The fact that the wig costs 1000 is possible (ok maybe it costs her 900). The $300 pieces are very processed. Anytime I've looked into European longer lengths nice colors from Chinese sellers they were close to 1000.
So op technically you can go directly to the Chinese sellers and get it for maybe a little less -800 to 900 but you have no idea what to ask for when ordering.
If this sheitalmacher is thinking of opening a new line then she has hopefully done her homework and knows what she is ordering. So that part wouldn't concern me.
I have 2 questions though.
#1 the Chinese sellers almost always offer a return option. So why can't she order the piece and return it if it's not good? (A hassle, yes. But she's the one that wants to try out this new line.)
#2 if she's considering to sell it that means she believes it's good quality. And if she's thinking of investing the huge amounts needed to sell your own line that means she has the money and she thinks she has a clientele that may need it. So why would it bother her to order a piece for you and if it's great quality just not the right color/ fit etc she'll sell it to someone else?

cbg

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 10:24 am
MiriW wrote:
she would be able to see the new item and decide if she wants to sell it. !

How can she see the item?
Either she goes to China, or she gets a sample that's returnable. If she can return why can't you. It would be no cost to her.

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:48 am
Yes your sheitel macher is not being honest and doesn't want to work with you. It's time to find someone else.

abaker

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 12:09 pm
A $2500 wig that you get for a $1000 is not a bargain if you don't end up wearing it. It's a $1000 dust collector.

MiriW

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 4:28 pm
Op here. Again, thank you for your input, the issue has been resolved, the Sheitel macher decided to order it anyway and figures she'll be able to sell someone else if I don't want it because it's a popular color and length. It's interesting to me that you were all very quick to judge her honesty and integrity. Obviously she is a business woman, but it happens to be that she is extremely honest and very well respected in my community. Some of the responses were absolutely ridiculous.

rainbow

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 5:33 pm
Based on the limited information that was available to us in your original post, it is understandable that some judgment surfaced.

creditcards

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 5:45 pm
MiriW wrote:
Op here. Again, thank you for your input, the issue has been resolved, the Sheitel macher decided to order it anyway and figures she'll be able to sell someone else if I don't want it because it's a popular color and length. It's interesting to me that you were all very quick to judge her honesty and integrity. Obviously she is a business woman, but it happens to be that she is extremely honest and very well respected in my community. Some of the responses were absolutely ridiculous.

So why is she giving it to you at cost price if you don't need to keep it?
Is it really cheaper for her?

Eishes Chaim

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 6:04 pm
I wouldn't take the risk, if she's not willing to
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels