Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/O Do you respect thin/pretty people more
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

etky

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 12:45 am
amother wrote:
If I may speak for Seas, we feel this way because extreme obesity is usually ugly, nothing to do with judging the person.

Btw, I am amother because I am ashamed of this feeling.

And if I may add- although this doesn't apply to me because obesity does not trigger me the way other things might - it is a primal, visceral reaction.
None of the posters here who admitted to this initial reaction stated that it went on to influence their judgement of the person. Once their intellect gets involved, it mitigates their reaction. Please don't judge people for their primary reactions to something which for them is extremely unaesthetic. Humans are programmed to react to aesthetic triggers and these vary in source and in intensity from person to person. It's our intellectual processing of these initial reactions and how we act or do not act on them that should be judged.
Whether these feelings should have been divulged on this thread is another discussion.
Personally I feel that they were appropriate to the OP's question that was soliciting people's emotional and intellectual responses to the issue, even if they could have been phrased more diplomatically.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette