Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Sold my house
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:29 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
That there are many racist Jews?

Not sure how we can claim to love Hashem when we express disdain for people whom he created in his image, or complain of antisemitism when we so openly dislike others. Can you imagine the uproar if a gentile complained of someone selling to a "Jew," with oh so many children who don't even associate with the neighbor kids, build a hut in their backyard every year or so, and have large numbers of people -- with even more kids -- move in for weeks at a time.

As to OP, you sold the house. What was done with it thereafter is none of your business. If your former neighbors have noise or occupancy complaints, they should address them to the landlord or to the proper authorities.

The neighbors do make an uproar when frum Jews start moving in. Do you follow the news about the eruv and the park issues in NJ. They illegally want to block frum Jews.

The issue here is that the house is illegally occupied by bad neighbors whether they are black, Mexican, or white.

The first step for the OP is to give the new owner's phone number to old neighbors. I would try to work it out. Personally, then I would go to a BD to get permission to report him for an illegal rental. I would be reporting the noise complaints as well.

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:34 pm
Back in the 70s we had friends that a similar thing happened to them.
Believe it or not about 2 months later there was a house fire, B”H no one was hurt, but the police did say it was arson.
This just brought back memories.
I was 8 or 10 at the time

reality mom

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:45 pm
If you really are concerned about your neighbors "accusations", you can just show them the deed transfer handed to you at the closing, listing the buyers info.

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:02 pm
Quote:
its really bothering me and I'm embarrassed to ever show my face on that block again.

So you're embarrassed that your racist neighbourhood will think that you might not be racist like they are? Easy fix: just tell the truth - you thought you were selling it to religious jews.

As for the real problem in your post, that might take a lot more work..

fmt4

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:11 pm
The only thing anyone should be embarrassed of is their disgusting, blatant, unabashed racism.
Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that someone who says “BLACKS!” in the way your neighbor did is really upset for any valid reason rather than just pure unadulterated prejudice.
This post is gross and you and your neighbors should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:36 pm
leah233 wrote:
Right. Let's all pretend that had she sold to a middle class white family there would be still three or more families living there and they would still be making a lot of noise especially at night.

Where I live there are mostly white non-Jews AKA "white trash" and the social problems they have rival any stereotypes you have of "the blacks."

rydys

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:39 pm
watergirl wrote:
When I bought a house, I had to sign a few papers declaring that I would be the occupant and not renting it out. If they were planning on renting, it should have been made known to the lender at the very least. While you cant control who buys the house or what the new owners do to it, and you could have been sued for not selling to a non jew, neighbors can report the owners for renting illegally (I’m assuming here. I could be all above board) and having too many occupants. I would recommend the same action if they were renting illegally to 3 familes of frum jews by the way.

Who says they are renting illegally? Lots of people buy houses as investments and put tenants in. The paper you signed was probably by the mortgage company based on the terms of the mortgage. It is perfectly legal to buy a house as an investment and rent it out.

In this case, you might want to notify the new owner of what is going on. Not because of his choice to rent it, but to let him know what is going on in the house. He may want to be sure that these families are not damaging the house.

As far as race, there are many white families (even frum ones) who can be packing into a house, making noise all night, disturbing the neighbors just as there are many nice neighborly, quiet black families. This is not a racial issue, it is a personality issue of the people living in the house.

perquacky

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:50 pm
I'm sorry that your former neighbors seem to be racists. Personally, I like the diversity in my neighborhood and I'm a little sorry to see it becoming so Jewish.
That aside, you mentioned that the next-door neighbor thinks there are 3 or 4 families living in the house now. If this is NYC, I'm fairly sure there are laws about how many people are allowed to live in one house, primarily for safety reasons. Tell him to call 311 if he has any concerns. The same law may apply elsewhere.

leah233

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:51 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Where I live there are mostly white non-Jews AKA "white trash" and the social problems they have rival any stereotypes you have of "the blacks."

The term "white trash" implies that if you aren't white then you are automatically trash.

If you are very low class white then there is the special title of "white trash" for you too.

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:52 pm
rydys wrote:
Who says they are renting illegally? Lots of people buy houses as investments and put tenants in. The paper you signed was probably by the mortgage company based on the terms of the mortgage. It is perfectly legal to buy a house as an investment and rent it out.

In this case, you might want to notify the new owner of what is going on. Not because of his choice to rent it, but to let him know what is going on in the house. He may want to be sure that these families are not damaging the house.

As far as race, there are many white families (even frum ones) who can be packing into a house, making noise all night, disturbing the neighbors just as there are many nice neighborly, quiet black families. This is not a racial issue, it is a personality issue of the people living in the house.

I said I was assuming, and that its possible its all legit. But if they are in fact multiple families with many children as OP described, my guess is that zoning laws and occupancy laws are not adhered to. I agree that its perfectly legal to rent it out (if done legally) and that the neighbors cant hold OP responsable.

leah233

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 2:02 pm
How of the people on this thread who are so quick to call others things like "disgusting racists" lived through the experience of a neighborhood becoming black? How many of you actually lived in or right near an all black neighborhood?

I did. That experience has taught me tolerance for the neighbors in this situation. To put it nicely.

I'm not a racist. But I'm not a "useful idiot" either.

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 2:09 pm
leah233 wrote:
How of the people on this thread who are so quick to call others things like "disgusting racists" lived through the experience of a neighborhood becoming black? How many of you actually lived in or right near an all black neighborhood?

I did. That experience has taught me tolerance for the neighbors in this situation. To put it nicely.

I'm not a racist. But I'm not a "useful idiot" either.

I live in a mixed neighborhood. Block is maybe half frum and half black.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 2:09 pm
leah233 wrote:
The term "white trash" implies that if you aren't white then you are automatically trash.

If you are very low class white then their is the special tile of title of "white trash" for you too.

You might almost think that social problems go beyond race.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 3:10 pm
Wow, just plain wow. OP, I think you and your former neighbors should be embarrassed and ashamed for what you are saying. If you dont live in a secluded island, you will inevitably live among people who are not all jews and not all, gasp, white.
Gosh, I grew up with people from all over the world on my block. It was actually lovely. And everyone got along. Diversity is not a bad thing.

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:17 pm
leah233 wrote:

If you are very low class white then their is the special tile of title of "white trash" for you too.

Your post makes no sense. White describes the color of the people called trash. The poster didn't write un-white trash. She wrote white trash. That means the white people are trash not the ones who are not white.

The title for low class white people is the special one the poster mentioned called white trash.

white trash
ˈˌ(h)wīt ˈtraSH/
nounNORTH AMERICANinformalderogatory
poor white people, especially those living in the southern US.

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:26 pm
fmt4 wrote:
The only thing anyone should be embarrassed of is their disgusting, blatant, unabashed racism.
Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that someone who says “BLACKS!” in the way your neighbor did is really upset for any valid reason rather than just pure unadulterated prejudice.
This post is gross and you and your neighbors should all be ashamed of yourselves.

You should be ashamed of your reactionary call racism. What is with you people?

We had multiple illegal families move into a rental in my neighborhood. They are not good neighbors not because of their color. They are not good neighbors because they don't fit the characteristics of the neighborhood.

Fitting multiple families into single family homes is illegal. Besides being a fire hazard, it overtaxes municipal services and ties up parking spots. OP’s neighbors are noisey at night.

The families that moved into the rental often spilled out of the house because of the cramped overcrowded conditions. They were also obnoxiously loud at night and during the day. Their yard was a mess.

I don't like when the overcrowding goes on outside the frum community also. It is dangerous no matter what the skin color.

I don't like the illegal overcrowding in frum communities. It is just as unsafe.

fmt4

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:31 pm
There was no reason for the neighbor or the OP to mention their skin color. But they did. So that tells me that it’s not just because of the behavior of the tenants, but about their skin color as well.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:32 pm
fmt4 wrote:

I think OP was actually referring to non Jewish neighbors who said these racist comments. The OP just repeated verbatim what they said. That does not insinuate that she is racist.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:48 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I think OP was actually referring to non Jewish neighbors who said these racist comments. The OP just repeated verbatim what they said. That does not insinuate that she is racist.

The racist insinuation comes from the fact that she feels bad that she inadvertently didn't support her neighbor's racism, though she tried so hard to do so.

As a reminder to every poster on this board, black Jews exist. Black Jews are members of our community. They see and note your racism and prejudices. Some feel hurt and some just pity your unfortunate ignorance.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:51 pm
WhatFor wrote:
The racist insinuation comes from the fact that she feels bad that she inadvertently didn't support her neighbor's racism, though she tried so hard to do so.

As a reminder to every poster on this board, black Jews exist. Black Jews are members of our community. They see and note your racism and prejudices. Some feel hurt and some just pity your unfortunate ignorance.

Ok. I didn't interpret her post that way. But I fully understand how someone could've interpreted it differently especially if they are more sensitive. Like me, a child of converts I take certain comments more personally and get hurt. Thanks for raising awareness of others sensitivity .
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics