Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to make moist chicken cutlets help!!
Previous  1  2

tichellady

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 11:52 am
etky wrote:
Has anyone ever tried this?
I've been tempted but somehow have never gotten around to trying it this way.
Would love to know how it turns out....

Yes I have tried it.its good but not the only way to make moist chicken breasts. I prefer my chicken grilled

etky

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:00 pm
tichellady wrote:
Yes I have tried it.its good but not the only way to make moist chicken breasts. I prefer my chicken grilled

Thanks, good to know.
We have a grill but haven't really mastered the art of grilling. More often than not our meat/chicken comes out dry. It's also not the greatest grill.
I think I will try this stovetop method and see what happens.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:06 pm
For those who like grilled chicken, try a stovetop grill pan. When I make chicken cutlets this way, I never have any leftovers! And our real grill is collecting dust, as nobody wants to bother grilling anything when the grill pan works just as well...

mommy201

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 1:01 pm
I have 3 tips to make cutlets moist, none are healthy :-)
1) dip in mayo and then the crumbs. bake it covered
2) dip in flour and then sear for a min on each side in frying pan with a little oil. Can put any sauce on top and bake covered for about an hour on 350. Very soft
3) Really unhealthy but supposed to be super soft. I read this online but didn't make it. Take 2 pieces of parchment paper and smear margarine on each one, then sandwich the cutlets in between both pieces of margarine covered parchment and bake.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 2:40 pm
Chicken cutlets should be baked at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes. Baking them for an hour or an hour and a half as some people have suggested will wind up in sawdust.

Or use a grill pan, about 5 minutes a side.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 3:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Chicken cutlets should be baked at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes. Baking them for an hour or an hour and a half as some people have suggested will wind up in sawdust.

Or use a grill pan, about 5 minutes a side.

Not chicken bottoms, or "baby chicken". They will be waaay undercooked and raw chicken is a no-no.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 3:22 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Not chicken bottoms, or "baby chicken". They will be waaay undercooked and raw chicken is a no-no.

WADR, the question was about chicken cutlets, not chicken with bones, and not dark meat chicken. The cooking time and methods are very different. Its as if I had said to cook a ribeye steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side, and you corrected me by saying that a brisket would be raw if only cooked for 10 minutes. It would, but a ribeye isn't a brisket, and a cutlet isn't a chicken thigh with the bone in.

Perhaps OP has trouble cooking flavorful cutlets because she doesn't recognize that difference.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 4:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
WADR, the question was about chicken cutlets, not chicken with bones, and not dark meat chicken. The cooking time and methods are very different. Its as if I had said to cook a ribeye steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side, and you corrected me by saying that a brisket would be raw if only cooked for 10 minutes. It would, but a ribeye isn't a brisket, and a cutlet isn't a chicken thigh with the bone in.

Perhaps OP has trouble cooking flavorful cutlets because she doesn't recognize that difference.

Chicken cutlets are made from bottoms all the time, almost all over. No bones. I hear what you're saying and you are correct as well however chicken cutlets made from breasts are generally dry. Chicken cutlets made from bottoms are ALWAYS juicy. So if her question is how to make a chicken cutlet juicy, that's the answer, tho not with a 20 min. cooking time. That was the point I was making. Maybe I was unclear.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 4:46 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Chicken cutlets are made from bottoms all the time, almost all over. No bones. I hear what you're saying and you are correct as well however chicken cutlets made from breasts are generally dry. Chicken cutlets made from bottoms are ALWAYS juicy. So if her question is how to make a chicken cutlet juicy, that's the answer, tho not with a 20 min. cooking time. That was the point I was making. Maybe I was unclear.

I'm not sure why you are arguing about this. I'm glad you enjoy dark meat. Some people don't. OP didn't ask about dark meat. She asked about cutlets, aka boneless white meat. If she had asked about boneless dark meat, I would have told her roast at 425 for about 20 minutes.

And FTR, my chicken cutlets are quite juicy. I'm sorry that yours are not, but suggest that they might be if you greatly reduced your cooking time.

pause

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 4:53 pm
A general guideline I learned from a cook is that everything you bake in the oven should be on 400, except cakes go on 350.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 5:03 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm not sure why you are arguing about this. I'm glad you enjoy dark meat. Some people don't. OP didn't ask about dark meat. She asked about cutlets, aka boneless white meat. If she had asked about boneless dark meat, I would have told her roast at 425 for about 20 minutes.

And FTR, my chicken cutlets are quite juicy. I'm sorry that yours are not, but suggest that they might be if you greatly reduced your cooking time.

Six, wasn't arguing. Cutlets come in different varieties. But thanks for explaining your point.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 6:22 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Six, wasn't arguing. Cutlets come in different varieties. But thanks for explaining your point.

I'm with Six on this. I use white chicken and I bake it exactly like Six described, and mine come out really soft and yummy. Not dried out at all.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 6:38 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm with Six on this. I use white chicken and I bake it exactly like Six described, and mine come out really soft and yummy. Not dried out at all.

👍 Good to know! Thnx mommyg8 & six..

987gold

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:30 pm
There is a great recipe in bais yaakov cookbook 1st one. Marinate in mixture of honey, lemon juice, mustard and minced garlic (I use garlic powder). I bought pereg classic bread crumbs and bake it after spraying pan and top of cutlets with cooking spray. I bake it covered. you can use cornflake crumbs. Or I use egg and cornflake crumbs and fry. Or I mush with little mayo, mustard honey and garlic powder in a bag and dip into crumbs and line in a pan and bake covered.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:38 pm
I’ve used this method several times with great results: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/.....east/

hopeafterloss

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:38 am
kosher.com has a great video by Esty Wolbe on making juicy baked cutlets...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:49 am
All good ideas, ladies, but OP asked for ideas for Shabbos. If she means keeping warm for Friday night, most chicken cutlets would dry out. Personally, I'd rather eat them cold.

However, I recently tasted this and requested the recipe. There's lots of sauce and it can stay warm in the oven for a while.

Cut cutlets to finger or nugget size pieces and dip in flour. Then lay chicken on bottom of pan. (The only info I was able to get regarding amount is - fits in a 9x13 pan without layering. So I guess if you need more, break out another pan and another set of vegetables : )

Slice one large onion, 1 peppper. Add 1 can mushrooms and 1 can baby corn and place on top of chicken. (Add/subtract veg to taste. I think diagonally sliced celery would go well.)

Mix:
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c oil
1/4 c soy sauce
and pour over chicken

Bake @ 400 covered for 45 min.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen