Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is Miele vacuum really the best?
1  2  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:58 pm
I need to replace my vacuum. I want to finally buy a vacuum with a powerful suction and horsepower. What are your experiences with Miele?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:17 pm
Love my dyson

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:54 pm
I had a Miele and it works well but it’s extremely heavy. We have a dyson now and it’s much easier to use. My seven year old loves to use it too.

Bluesky 1

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 11:41 pm
I don't have Miele. I do have a sebo. I absolutely love it. 5 year warranty no matter what gets fixed. Bought it by Williamsburg vacuum. Great customer service and I do not own the store. I was so impressed by his honesty.

I have mine for 4 years.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:05 am
Depends on what ur intending it to use it for. Mainly carpeting or hardwood floors? I remember reading a lot of reviews and I think the dyson is excellent for carpet but not so much for wood. But I may be wrong. Are u looking for upright, canister, bag free or any other specifics?
I think sebo competes with the Miele but has a better warranty. It has a bumper as well to protect walls and furniture.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:03 am
YES - They are!!

OP, I made extensive research a few years ago when I needed a new vacum cleaner. I didn't find a single consumer review that I remember that had anything negative to say about Miele, only recommendations and praises.

Acc to Wikipedia, prodution is in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and Romania. This says a lot when it comes to electronic consumer items. Acc to wikipedia:

Miele was recognized as Best Company and also achieved a top-five place in the category Best Product Brand. Miele was honored as Best Domestic Appliance Brand in the UK by Which? in 2007 and again in 2008, being only one of two brands to win twice in a row. They have since won again in 2010.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also this says a lot. Heavy? Of course! My vacum cleaner is not heavy in my opinion but heavy means good old quality the way a quality item should be. Metal in it. Any light weight thing usually means plastic and inferior quality.

I bought Miele at 1200 NIS, which is a lot for a vacum cleaner in Israel and I'm extremely happy with it. It's the kind of thing that is so good and sturdy your children and grand children will inherit with pleasure (when all the "made-in-China" cheap vacum cleaners have failed)

When my washing machine says good bye I do intend to buy a Miele.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:47 am
The best! I’ve had mine for 10 years so far. All the others broke within a yr and weren’t as strong.

emzod42

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:09 am
we've only had ours a couple of years, but we're very happy with it. It's a canister and works great on our hardwood floors. We did extensive research and everyone says it's the best. Never had a dyson, but some family members were unhappy with theirs.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:01 pm
Have mine for over a decade and it’s still working as if it’s brand new.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:03 pm
Thanks for the replies!

It looks like the miel is worth it. I am just confused about the different models. How do I know which to buy?

My house is mostly wood and tile. I do have carpeted stairs.

I want a vacuum that can be used all over the house. Couches, hardfloors, under beds, in closets, corners and near the walls. With a very strong suction.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:13 pm
Go on to the Miele website - it explains the difference between the models.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

It looks like the miel is worth it. I am just confused about the different models. How do I know which to buy?

My house is mostly wood and tile. I do have carpeted stairs.

I want a vacuum that can be used all over the house. Couches, hardfloors, under beds, in closets, corners and near the walls. With a very strong suction.

The people in the meille vacuum cleaner store are trained to help you choose the one best for your house

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:32 pm
I'm loving my inexpensive Shark Navigator, which cost me under $150 on Amazon, including the 4-year warranty.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:59 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'm loving my inexpensive Shark Navigator, which cost me under $150 on Amazon, including the 4-year warranty.

Me too!

das

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:30 pm
I second that you should buy it at Williamsburg Sewing machines and vacuum. I dont live anywhere near there but someone suggested I buy it there because I wanted a high end vacuum. I ordered it over the phone and it was delivered to my door. They were honest and knew vacuums inside out. Even years after I bought it, they still help me out over the phone if I have a question!

Flower25

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:54 am
I want to get a new vacuum now, My old one was a cheap thing and it broke. Thinking about miele, is it worth it and if yes which model? do any of you know of a good deal going on now?

Flower25

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:54 am
sorry forgot to include my details want something not too big as I don't really have where to storage it also not to heavy, thanks

snooper86

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 2:04 am
I love my LG A9 cord zero handheld vacuum. It’s super easy to pull out for a quick second aka zoom around the house a second too. I’ve also had experience with the Miele and been super happy with it but it’s not as easy to pull out for a second and takes up more space.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:03 am
So funny. My cleaning lady just told me last week to buy a Meile.

I’m not so excited because 1. It’s clunky and looks awkward 2. There are models that cost $400 and some on sale now for only $200 C1flex - I have no idea if that model is ok.

Anyone weigh in?

I was also thinking of the shark regular vacuum.

4g01o

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:07 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
YES - They are!!

OP, I made extensive research a few years ago when I needed a new vacum cleaner. I didn't find a single consumer review that I remember that had anything negative to say about Miele, only recommendations and praises.

Acc to Wikipedia, prodution is in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and Romania. This says a lot when it comes to electronic consumer items. Acc to wikipedia:

Miele was recognized as Best Company and also achieved a top-five place in the category Best Product Brand. Miele was honored as Best Domestic Appliance Brand in the UK by Which? in 2007 and again in 2008, being only one of two brands to win twice in a row. They have since won again in 2010.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also this says a lot. Heavy? Of course! My vacum cleaner is not heavy in my opinion but heavy means good old quality the way a quality item should be. Metal in it. Any light weight thing usually means plastic and inferior quality.

I bought Miele at 1200 NIS, which is a lot for a vacum cleaner in Israel and I'm extremely happy with it. It's the kind of thing that is so good and sturdy your children and grand children will inherit with pleasure (when all the "made-in-China" cheap vacum cleaners have failed)

When my washing machine says good bye I do intend to buy a Miele.

This!
We only buy miele now. Onto our 2nd one because my old cleaning lady was very heavy handed with it. It still lasted a good 6 or so years.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry