Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much to raise sitter

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:05 am
I pay my babysitter $13/hr for 40 hours a week, plus $25/week transportation. She also gets 10 paid holidays per year.

It's been a year since her last raise and I'm due with another baby. I'm thinking she should be paid $15/hr for the 2 kids, but we also don't have it in the budget to pay more than $320/month extra.

Is $1/hr raise fair? To me it doesn't feel like it. If you think it's not fair, do you have any suggestions for more creative solutions that won't cost as much weekly? Having her work less days or hours isn't an option at this time.

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:26 am
Try to get creative. If you can't raise her as much as you'd like maybe compensate with some other benefit. For example, maybe raise her $1.50 per hour to $14.50 and give her an additional 2-3 days off per year instead of a bigger raise. You can specify specific days as the additional days (such as on yom tov etc.) So you don't get stuck with her taking off a day when you need to work.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:18 pm
I think its fair. I didn’t know you have to raise more than that. If you can’t afford it, you can’t afford it. If you can - great! Go ahead!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:56 pm
treat her nicely - so when she's offered more to work elsewhere she'll think twice because she's got a wonderful employer now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics