Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
YBH in Passaic

eight

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 3:56 pm
Is it a good school ? Teachers? Kids? General info on how the school runs etc. any pro and con reviews

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:52 pm
may be tell us a little more about what you are looking for?

My daughter went there for kindergarten but it didn't work for her so we moved in order to send her elsewhere. She is now in a montessouri school. Clearly my idea of what a "good" school might be very different from others since I am much happier with a non-mainstream school. I know others who are very happy with YBH.

eight

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:04 pm
looking for something more laid back , able to give kids a little more attention ( the "smaller" mentality )
in terms of the girls .. Looking for friendly , nice , not clicky , not intense . I would Iike to walk through the school where people are nice and welcoming . My girl does best in a warm environment

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:41 pm
what are you comparing it to- ykp or did the cheder end up re-opening their girls division? Personally ykp wasn't an option for us and I felt that my daughter would do better in a smaller environment then ybh- she had 19 kids in her kindergarten class there. I think a lot depends on the grade. If I was you I would look specifically at the grades your children would be in. I would also go and walk around get a feel for the place.

We moved OOT and find it much "warmer" but that's OOT Wink If the cheder re-opened and we felt that it was going to stick around we probably would have considered it. The hesitation that would remain is that I don't think they have a gym or anything at the cheder. I'm not sure how ybh is doing on space, when I left they were already saying that they had a space issue and didn't know what they will do about it.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:57 pm
My kids are all at YBH and we love it! I think the Morahs are all very warm and really care about the girls, while also being experienced and professional teachers. I would say that the academic level is pretty high there. All of my girls have really nice girls in their classes - they are not super cliquey. I think the school has a real emphasis on middos too. We als really like the families there - people are open and want to meet new people - we find everyone to be very friendly.

eight

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 2:01 am
What is OOT

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 7:16 am
amother wrote:
what are you comparing it to- ykp or did the cheder end up re-opening their girls division? Personally ykp wasn't an option for us and I felt that my daughter would do better in a smaller environment then ybh- she had 19 kids in her kindergarten class there. I think a lot depends on the grade. If I was you I would look specifically at the grades your children would be in. I would also go and walk around get a feel for the place.

We moved OOT and find it much "warmer" but that's OOT Wink If the cheder re-opened and we felt that it was going to stick around we probably would have considered it. The hesitation that would remain is that I don't think they have a gym or anything at the cheder. I'm not sure how ybh is doing on space, when I left they were already saying that they had a space issue and didn't know what they will do about it.

Cheder is running a girls' program again. This year they have pre1-a. Next year they will have 1st grade. They are in the process of trying to buy a building with a gym etc....

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 8:27 am
Out of Town- meaning we moved someplace where all the limudei kodesh teachers and principals live in the community, they know you on a family level, see you in shul, have you over for a shabbos meal etc. We find that there is a different "vibe". My daughter's teacher at YBH was very warm and I liked her a lot, I just find that there's a different feeling to the school as a whole.

eight

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 9:01 am
Thx 😊

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:35 pm
What's the preschool like?

momtra

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:41 pm
In terms of what ?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:45 pm
Is it academic? Warm? Size of classes? All info is helpful.

eight

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 3:15 am
I have no kids in preschool, just in elementary ... which I am very happy with

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:28 pm
YBH is a phenomenal school

I always tell people that it shouldnt really exist - it is just that unique

its very hard to find a school that the hashkapha is so yashar and the places is so wholesome

my children love it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics