Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is going on a pesach program actually relaxing?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

pesek zman

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:28 am
amother wrote:
To supervise the 2 yr old so op can chill.

Doesn't a 2 year old sleep at night ?

Does being able to chill mean not caring for her children all week?

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 8:33 am
I just went to Florida and payed 20 dollars a way

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 8:34 am
livinginflatbus wrote:

I think Pesach coincides with spring break because tickets are very expensive.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:19 am
It depends on your family's personality.

If you are the adventurous type who think camping is a good idea, then go for it. You have to be very flexible and go with the flow. Be prepared for anything and everything, because it will probably happen.

If you are at all in need of control, forget it. You'll be miserable.

When we went away for Pesach, DD and I had a great time.
DH complained every. single. minute. and swore never again.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:34 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:

Did you mean 200? Flights from NY?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:48 pm
If you can afford it.. GO!
I am saying this to you from reading your posts.

There IS day camp available at most programs. Yes, even for 2 year olds. (To those that are saying you need a 24/7 babysitter-- that's just false.) The only time you might need a babysitter is during night meals/night programming.

Though I must say... Do NOT rely on your other kids to watch the younger ones. They might make their own friends/want to do their own thing/go to their own camp programs. BUT in any case (provided your kids are good with change and would enjoy a hotel pesach) going away to a nice program is pretty much EXACTLY what you described you want. Sit back, relax, absolutely NO cooking, cleaning, food prep, clearing off, house work or kitchen work whatsoever. Its a sit-by-the-pool-and-relax kind of week-long bliss. Yes, some people get dressed up and fancy. No, no one will give a hoot if you don't. Yes, you may have to watch your 2 year old occasionally if he hates day camp or when the counselors are off (during meals). But IMO that's a fair trade off for not making pesach at home.

All this being said, dropping 13k on ONE week of your year...? You have to decide if thats a financial decision you are comf with.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps, and good luck whatever you decide!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:40 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:

I booked tickets to Orlando a few weeks ago for Pesach. They are very expensive because Pesach coincides with Easter this year. I am pretty good at finding good deals online-but there aren't many options on a holiday week.

shiaeisen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
I'm near losing my sanity lately from work, stress, health issues, etc and because we have so many kids, we can never get away for more than a night or two. We're thinking about dropping major dollars on going to a local, non exotic location pesach program. I'm figuring it will be fairly low key, but who knows.

We have 7 kids from 2-15 and the older ones can watch the younger ones. But is it super stressful having to be dressed up, making specific meal times, etc? I know this should be the worst of my worries, but I'm trying to evaluate if what I need relaxation wise is what I'll get from a program or if I'll end up being stressed like usual.

Forget about the clothing competition and needing to impress anyone, just go to enjoy, spend time your family without the stress of having to make Pesach. I used to think people who went to hotels were spoiled and unwilling to do the work but now that I’m a bit older I realize I just physically can’t do it and therefore some people have to go away.

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
Did you mean 200? Flights from NY?

I mean 20 a way so it was 40 round trip

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 9:10 pm
I have hard pregnancies, and I went to a REALLY cheap hotel in the past.

Even with a bare bones hotel experience, it was really a wonderful vacation. Like someone else here said, it's really a month long vacation (or more). If you can afford it, I would go to a lower key hotel that doesn't have too much pressure.

I really do love making pesach, and I look forward to it - but only if I have the koach. If not, I would run, not walk, to do it again.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 9:13 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I mean 20 a way so it was 40 round trip

How?

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:28 pm
honestly, it was a Miracle really . Took a group of kids from school and my boss was willing to pay for it if we found a really cheap deal . I googled countless sites and cheapest was for like 89. Then I stumbled on to frontier they have these promotions, so it was 20 a way . Their prices vary greatly by the day and location .

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:32 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
honestly, it was a Miracle really . Took a group of kids from school and my boss was willing to pay for it if we found a really cheap deal . I googled countless sites and cheapest was for like 89. Then I stumbled on to frontier they have these promotions, so it was 20 a way . Their prices vary greatly by the day and location .

What’s frontier? Wow!

2gether

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 7:07 am
But about the entertainment you have at the hotel to occupy the kids which you won't have at home?

cheeseblintz

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 3:09 pm
You really need 2 rooms. It doesn't even sound safe to have that many people in one room. Might not even be physically doable if the room is small. As far as relaxation, with 7 kids you might always be a little stressed. But pesach programs are so relaxing.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 4:07 pm
So, we decided to go. IYH it should be relaxing and everyone should enjoy. We were deciding between two programs and I found out the one we ultimately chose has daily daycare for the youngest included. That was the clincher.

And again, we are in two rooms!!! The kids will have to squeeze in together but I don't think they will mind for this.

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
So, we decided to go. IYH it should be relaxing and everyone should enjoy. We were deciding between two programs and I found out the one we ultimately chose has daily daycare for the youngest included. That was the clincher.

And again, we are in two rooms!!! The kids will have to squeeze in together but I don't think they will mind for this.

Enjoy!! I'm sure it will be great!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:41 pm
So happy for you! Enjoy :-)

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:06 pm
Can I ask which one you chose?

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 7:43 am
Would you mind sharing which programs you were looking at that were those prices?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics