Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
ISO ground beef recipe

noosheen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:09 pm
I had an old recipe I found here on ima mother with ground beef & pasta in same pot. It was really really good.
Think it started with sautéed onions.

I cant find it anywhere now.

Does any one remember?
It had measurements - wasn’t just throw this in or that in....

Thanks!!

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 9:54 pm
Is this what you mean?

1. Chop up onions and garlic and sautee in a little oil. Optional: also add chopped green pepper and/or celery. (I use maybe 1 medium onion and several cloves of garlic for <1lb of ground beef for 3 of us)
2. Make sure pot is nice and hot, add ground beef and smash/stir until it's browned all over and piecey (smash around with your spoon so it's not clumped) Optional: before adding meat you can mix it with your choice of spices to enhance it though it's flavorful enough for my spice-loving family even without; and/or mix with eggs/breadcrumbs to stretch it and maybe makes the texture smoother. But if I'm looking for QUICk and EASY I just dump the meat in straight from the package)
3. When the meat is browned all over, add tomato sauce plus water to cook the pasta - for my 3 servings with <1lb meat I use one 8-oz can of tomato sauce to 2 cans of water; multiply as needed. Stir it in. Wait for it to start bubbling.
4. Add pasta WITH salt, the amount you'd normally salt pasta whether before or after it's cooked (because you won't be draining it, the pasta will absorb the water) and a little pepper to taste. The water should just barely cover the pasta, in the end it will all get absorbed. Give it a little stir and then cover the pot. Return it to a slow boil.
5. Wait for the pasta to be soft and most of the water absorbed - you can check it after 10 min, will probably take more like 15.

The whole thing takes maybe a half hour, has almost no preparation, only one pot to clean up, includes a very full and filling meal with only vegetables needed separately, and everyone in my family loves it. From here:

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....94300

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:10 pm
The one pot pasta and meat dish?
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....r=asc

noosheen

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 6:30 am
Ra_mom yes!!
Thanks so much!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics