Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Buying playmobile for the first time

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 1:30 pm
my kids want it ... I never understood what it's all about ...it doesn't do anything!
my girls have a dollhouse, they hardly use it.
we have a barn and animals, no one plays with it.
They rarely play with lego..

They are so sure they are going to play with playmobil ...I guess they will when we first get it...

Can I have recommendations which set to buy. My kids are between ages 4-11 - some boys and some girls ... They have chanukah gelt that they saved ...so we can spend a lot if it's worth it. Need some help with this purchase - so many sets out there

mommyhood

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 1:57 pm
My kids play with them all the time. The plane is their favorite. Next is the school bus, the police car and the school house. We have a lot but these get used the most in part because they don't fall apart as easily as some other sets.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 2:00 pm
We had a playmobil playground set. They played with it a while but the thing is useless when any pieces are missing. I will not buy again.

mandksima

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 2:28 pm
Ebay has a lot of used sets usually. Maybe its worth it to buy used and see how they like it? They can always use their chanukah gelt on something else.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 2:33 pm
My kids play with the hospital set a lot. Also the playground set.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 3:10 pm
Thank you!

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 3:31 pm
Where is the best place to buy in Lakewood ?

mommyhood

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 3:46 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Where is the best place to buy in Lakewood ?

I order from amazon but Toys 4 u has a nice selection if you want a real store.

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 5:31 pm
my kids like the mentchies the best. the pieces of land etc aren't used. they also like the knights with horses unicorns etc

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 6:07 pm
zigi wrote:
my kids like the mentchies the best. the pieces of land etc aren't used. they also like the knights with horses unicorns etc

My 7 yr old is obsessed with Playmobil. He loves the horses and mentchies too. Our non Jewish neighbor who was moving gave us their sons Playmobil Set (over 20 yrs old) it is a huge fort with tons of accessories. It's a Wild West theme, so lots of horses and people in uniform. We also have an ambulance, school bus, helicopter, Police SUV and Police car. Carry along fire station and carry along police set. He builds things out o magna tiles and incorporated his Playmobil things within it.
Warning: there are tons of teeny tiny pieces that easily get lost and stepped on.
This is how my DS spent his Chanuka gelt too. It's not for every child. Some like it and some don't. I buy toys according to the child. Occasionally my 11 yr old will play along with DS age 7 but he sort of grew out of it already. I would say it's best for ages 5-9

lizard8

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 7:02 pm
If you don't want a set with a lot of pieces to keep track of, go for the vehicles. They are also better for younger kids. Get whatever your kids are interested in, there are lots of options including firetruck, ambulance, airplane and ice cream truck.

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 7:41 pm
I bought through Groupon. They often have great deals

baker1

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 10:14 pm
we have a huge container of playmobil that all my kids enjoy. ages 3-11.
I keep it in my bedroom and we take it out on special occasions, making sure to clean it up carefully.
It's amazing and keeps alll age kids silent for hours on a rainy shabbos afternoon. My kids know that if they don't clean it up perfectly , they don't get to play with it for a while.
Its a win win situation...

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 10:32 pm
My five year old loves it. I try to buy sets wirh a lot of mentchies because thats its favorite part. He got the police station with the jail for chanukah and can sit very a very long time playing cops and robbers. He also has two playground sets which we combined and a fire truck set. They do have a lot of small peices and I peices easily get lost. I buy the bigger sets so even though we lose peices as time goee by there is still plenty what to place. On amazon search for warehouse deals and youll get a better price.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 10:50 pm
baker1 wrote:
we have a huge container of playmobil that all my kids enjoy. ages 3-11.
I keep it in my bedroom and we take it out on special occasions, making sure to clean it up carefully.
It's amazing and keeps alll age kids silent for hours on a rainy shabbos afternoon. My kids know that if they don't clean it up perfectly , they don't get to play with it for a while.
Its a win win situation...

This sounds great but I don’t understand why they would want to take it apart and pack it away if they spent hours building it?

I’m thinking about our dollhouse. We had to build it the first time and it stays built so they can play with it.

I guess I just don’t understand. Seems like lots of people’s kids really do enjoy.

enneamom

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 10:59 pm
Kids that are imaginative really like it, it's imaginative play. My kids combine all their various mentchies, plastic animals, Playmobil stuff, dollhouses, and some original "furniture" and decor from different odds and ends to make elaborate "setups" all over the floor. Which does indeed keep them busy (when they're not fighting or kvetching, which we won't mention LOL) all Shabbos afternoon.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 11:05 pm
enneamom wrote:
Kids that are imaginative really like it, it's imaginative play. My kids combine all their various mentchies, plastic animals, Playmobil stuff, dollhouses, and some original "furniture" and decor from different odds and ends to make elaborate "setups" all over the floor. Which does indeed keep them busy (when they're not fighting or kvetching, which we won't mention LOL) all Shabbos afternoon.

Do they clean it up after?

enneamom

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:
Do they clean it up after?

Usually, BH!

Though getting kids to clean up their toys is a very classic parenting struggle, nothing to do with Playmobil. Until they invent a Playmobil container that automatically attracts all the toys inside when the play session is over, that one's on us. Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics